ryoder

China's "Gold" medals not gold

I've heard that the gold medals are only supposed to contain 6 grams of gold as per olympic standards.

And the athletes are allowed to contain only 6mg per liter of steroids, right?

He is correct. www.minerals.org.au/olympics/medals

Each Olympic medal must be at least 70mm across and 6mm thick. The gold and silver medals must contain at least 92.5% silver, and at least 6 grams of 24-carat gold must coat each gold medal. Bronze medals contain copper, zinc, tin and a very small amount of silver.

I doubt they were ever really "pure" gold, since high purity gold is so soft that it won't hold a shape very well.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

92 percent silver with 6 grams of 24 karat gold as a coating is a hell of a lot more gold in the medal than a core of lead alloy with a coat of "lead-based gold paint".

China spends billions of dollars for the facilities and other preparations, but they can't make the extra effort and spend another hundred thousand dollars to make medals that aren't toxic to athletes?
There's no such thing as free will; everything is dictated by the Uncertainty Principle.

92 percent silver with 6 grams of 24 karat gold as a coating is a hell of a lot more gold in the medal than a core of lead alloy with a coat of "lead-based gold paint".

China spends billions of dollars for the facilities and other preparations, but they can't make the extra effort and spend another hundred thousand dollars to make medals that aren't toxic to athletes?

Did you actually READ the article, and see that was satire written by a COMEDIAN? Thought not.

Sorry Chuck. They are just jokes. I'm born and raised Montanan. We are all cowboys. Sure didn't mean to offend you. Like somebody said earlier. We are all to serious and sometimes we have to learn to laugh at ourselves. I have a belt with my name on it.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Did you actually READ the article, and see that was satire written by a COMEDIAN? Thought not.

Dammit, Kallend!>:(
Now you've spoiled it.[:/]

(I was considering making a post to point that out, but it was just too entertaining to see it taken seriously.:D)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sorry Chuck. They are just jokes. I'm born and raised Montanan. We are all cowboys. Sure didn't mean to offend you. Like somebody said earlier. We are all to serious and sometimes we have to learn to laugh at ourselves. I have a belt with my name on it.

Gotcha!:D Actually, I thought they were pretty funny! I looked-up your profile and thought I'd have a little fun. You didn't hurt my feelings.
You have a 'name' belt? Ha, ha! Me too! I'll bet too, you 'earned' that buckle!?
You're right, we need to laugh at ourselves.
I appreciate hearing from you! Blue Skies!

Chuck

Dammit, Kallend!>:(
Now you've spoiled it.[:/]

(I was considering making a post to point that out, but it was just too entertaining to see it taken seriously.:D)

Well, we certainly learned who hits "Post" before reading what they are replying to, didn't we?B|