JohnRich

1000-Yard Shooting Accuracy

Stop that!!! *covers eyes*

'Sides, I don't qualify ... got the DD214, but no club membership or competition history.

RM1SACR M1 Garand, Springfield Armory, Correct Grade. Only available in serial # ranges between 5.4 and 5.8 million. $950.00

RM1HRACR M1 Garand, Harrington & Richardson, Correct Grade $975.00

RM1NMT2S
M1 Garand, National Match, Type 2, Service grade
$2500
Limited Quantity. GOOD condition. Barrels are all NM. Other parts may or may not be NM. Meets Service Grade criteria.

*drools*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Moly coated bullets- good for most handguns, not so rifles- I've been cranking them through my Glock with no problems. The issue comes in when you push them to the velocity and pressure generated in a high power rifle.

The only way you're going to reduce ammo costs is get a Dillon 550 and learn how to use it. Not only does it save money on reloading, it's reasonably fast as well. I've done as many as 500rds of 45acp in a little over 2.5 hours. There's no way you'll hit that rate with a single stage press like the trusty RCBS.

Stop that!!! *covers eyes* 'Sides, I don't qualify ... got the DD214, but no club membership or competition history.

If you have a DD214 showing military firearms qualification, then that is good enough - you don't need additional competition history. You could also provide a certificate from any gun safety course or hunter education program. If you have your Texas CHL, then that qualifies you also.

As for a club membership, you could join the Texas State Rifle Association for $25, one time, just to qualify for the rifle purchase.

There's a few hoops to jump through, but they're well worth it. These rifles are sold for hundreds of dollars less than their true value.

CMP purchase requirements:
http://www.odcmp.com/Forms/1orderform.pdf