akarunway

More propaganda by the USA?

Sounds like they ACoE is trying to keep the thing holding water, but the Iraquis aren't liking either the ACoE's proposal (a second dam) or the holding actions that the ACoE are taking in regards to the dam.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When I first saw the article I have to say that was my first assumption (propaganda). Wouldnt it be convenient for the US of the Dam kinda exploded now? They would say "well we told you so"....
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

I think what bothers a lot of people about this is that billions of dollars keep disappearing and nothing is being done about it...............they just keep asking for more money that we don't have. And I'm not talking about money being wasted either, I'm talking about straight up...."oh we don't know what happened with that".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6129612.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html
...and you're in violation of your face!

Of course, you've got to be looking pretty hard to to get all that from the story in the OP.

You seem, with great regularity, unable to see things that other people see clearly.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You seem, with great regularity, willing to offer up really crappy analogies or make connections where the relationship is faint, at best.
You know... people can find some really absurd connections, if they look hard enough. That doesn't change the fact that they are absurd.

Faked Lunar Landings
9/11 was an inside job
Martial Law in the US is right around the corner.

What's really telling is when you ask people to explain/back up the connections they imply. But you already know about that.

You seem, with great regularity, willing to offer up really crappy analogies or make connections where the relationship is faint, at best.
You know... people can find some really absurd connections, if they look hard enough. That doesn't change the fact that they are absurd.

Faked Lunar Landings
9/11 was an inside job

What's really telling is when you ask people to explain/back up the connections they imply. But you already know about that.

Absurd? Au contraire!:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0

Faked Lunar Landings
9/11 was an inside job

This isn't some faked lunar landing crap or inside job junk...............there's billions of dollars missing, it's been more than recorded from both sides. All I'm saying is that things like billions of dollars that "go missing without a trace" and then there's no real inquiries as to where it went..............that makes a lot of people nervous to put more money into a war that only 25% of the country wants to be in. Doesn't a sum in the billions missing without a trace make you a little upset?

Faked Lunar Landings
9/11 was an inside job

This isn't some faked lunar landing crap or inside job junk...............there's billions of dollars missing, it's been more than recorded from both sides. All I'm saying is that things like billions of dollars that "go missing without a trace" and then there's no real inquiries as to where it went..............that makes a lot of people nervous to put more money into a war that only 25% of the country wants to be in. Doesn't a sum in the billions missing without a trace make you a little upset?

If you posted that the Sun rose in the east this morning, certain people would dispute it and then proceed to nitpick over every word.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you posted that the Sun rose in the east this morning, certain people would dispute it and then proceed to nitpick over every word.

It's really sad. A couple of years ago when I started paying attention to politics I had a lot of people tell me that some people regardless of what the facts are will come up with any excuse just so they don't have to get out of their own mindset. Naive me, I was thinking "what a bunch of BS, people aren't that f'in stupid if the facts are right in front of them". It took me about a month to get over that.

It's really sad. A couple of years ago when I started paying attention to politics I had a lot of people tell me that some people regardless of what the facts are will come up with any excuse just so they don't have to get out of their own mindset. Naive me, I was thinking "what a bunch of BS, people aren't that f'in stupid if the facts are right in front of them". It took me about a month to get over that.

Regardless of what the facts are.... sort of like the idea that gov't is somehow responsible for making sure that everyone has health insurance, per se?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Regardless of what the facts are.... sort of like the idea that gov't is somehow responsible for making sure that everyone has health insurance, per se?

No, once again...........off topic and to use simple terms, just a stupid comparison.

The fact is that a large sum of money in the billions is missing and nobody has any idea where it went.

With healthcare, the problem is that people are dying in the tens of thousands because prices are rising and the care costs are over-inflated.

The difference is that with the healthcare the debate is wether or not we should provide healthcare with government funding or leave people to fend for themselves. So with healthcare the debate is over the solution to the problem.

Now with the missing money, the fact is the money is missing.........it's been documented not just by our government or our press but also foreign sources. There is no argument about the solution.....just an off topic response to change the subject.

The comparison is absolute BS.

No, once again...........off topic and to use simple terms, just a stupid comparison.

The fact is that a large sum of money in the billions is missing and nobody has any idea where it went.

With healthcare, the problem is that people are dying in the tens of thousands because prices are rising and the care costs are over-inflated.

The difference is that with the healthcare the debate is wether or not we should provide healthcare with government funding or leave people to fend for themselves. So with healthcare the debate is over the solution to the problem.

Now with the missing money, the fact is the money is missing.........it's been documented not just by our government or our press but also foreign sources. There is no argument about the solution.....just an off topic response to change the subject.

No, it's valid...because you're doing exactly what you accuse others of on the healthcare issue. You don't have actual *proof* that those people died due to not having insurance, or (more importantly) that they would have lived *had* they had insurance - just estimates from pro-socialized healthcare sites that you take as gospel.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, it's valid...because you're doing exactly what you accuse others of on the healthcare issue. You don't have actual *proof* that those people died due to not having insurance, or (more importantly) that they would have lived *had* they had insurance - just estimates from pro-socialized healthcare sites that you take as gospel.

What does this have to do with healthcare................absolutely nothing. This isn't some leftist blog poster that wrote a story.

You've got:

CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/world/middleeast/12oil.html

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6129612.stm

The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1522983,00.html

Vanity Fair: http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/iraq_billions200710

And last, but obviously not the least............you can't get any further away from leftist blog liberal media crap than:

FOX News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129489,00.html

So, I think it's time to take the blinders off. This isn't some "leftist tripe" or an only documented once instance.

PS - you wanna talk about healthcare, do it in the thread started for it. stay on topic.

Faked Lunar Landings
9/11 was an inside job

This isn't some faked lunar landing crap or inside job junk...............there's billions of dollars missing, it's been more than recorded from both sides.

What does this have to do with the article in the OP being "more propaganda from the US"?

All I'm saying is that things like billions of dollars that "go missing without a trace" and then there's no real inquiries as to where it went..............that makes a lot of people nervous to put more money into a war that only 25% of the country wants to be in. Doesn't a sum in the billions missing without a trace make you a little upset?

You're trying to make this about something completely different from the OP topic.

And some people want to make a thread about where the Sun rises into a condemnation of the US for our contribution to AGW and argue that it's relevant to the original topic.:P

Can I get you a mirror?

I saved the best for last:

Yeah. That's how it looks from here, too! :D:D:D

So you're saying you're not upset that billions are missing? :|

And who is to blame since they are missing?

That's gotta be probably the worst defensive post I've ever read............but to give you credit you're trying to defend someone else. A simple, you're right I suppose, would've proved you a lot more intelligent than another switch of topic or trying to nit pick out some different view that makes absolutely no sense.

This isn't some faked lunar landing crap or inside job junk...............there's billions of dollars missing, it's been more than recorded from both sides.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this have to do with the article in the OP being "more propaganda from the US"?

Well, you can read over the thread and figure it out. But let me give you a hint.......funding.

All I'm saying is that things like billions of dollars that "go missing without a trace" and then there's no real inquiries as to where it went..............that makes a lot of people nervous to put more money into a war that only 25% of the country wants to be in. Doesn't a sum in the billions missing without a trace make you a little upset?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're trying to make this about something completely different from the OP topic.

Absolutely not, it has to do with funding. People don't want to be in a war, but we're stuck in it. You asked what makes anybody think twice about more funding. I offered the fact that billions are disappearing. Then it was compared to some fake lunar landing bs as if there was no confirmed data about it and as if it was no big deal. Seems that asking for more funding and what happened with portions of the previous funding would be on topic and relevant, especially when it pertains to people begin nervous about a request for more money.

I saved the best for last:

In Reply To

Yeah. That's how it looks from here, too!

You're right it is the best for last............fake lunar landing (no solid proof, just theories) vs. missing money in the billions (well documented proof)..............that's a stupid comparison alright.

I'm constantly amazed at how some people seem so incapable of discussing a given topic without pigbacking their favorite bitch issue onto it. It's like they lack the ability to make distinctions. They accusse you of being indifferent to their pet peeve, simply because you don't respond "appropriately" to their bait. They get insulting because the don't get the answers they want, to their off tangent subjects And even when you spell it out, they seem incapable of grasping the obvious. [:/][:/][:/]

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. ;)

Here is the latest. More theiving by DICK and Co.'s buddies. Your tax dollars at work folks.>:(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/01/national/main3440529.shtml
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Here is the latest. More theiving by DICK and Co.'s buddies. Your tax dollars at work folks.>:(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/01/national/main3440529.shtml

Untrained or just plain dishonest, the fact is nearly 100 Army personnel are under criminal investigation, adds Martin.

Oh yeah... I guess that's Cheney's fault, too. I suppose I should go back and look up contract problems that happened in Bosnia and Kosovo and Somalia and try to blame them on Clinton/Gore, just for fairness?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Untrained or just plain dishonest, the fact is nearly 100 Army personnel are under criminal investigation, adds Martin.

Oh yeah... I guess that's Cheney's fault, too. I suppose I should go back and look up contract problems that happened in Bosnia and Kosovo and Somalia and try to blame them on Clinton/Gore, just for fairness?

Just out of curiosity...........who's in charge of oversight? And on a different subject, who worked for KBR prior to being in office?

Just out of curiosity...........who's in charge of oversight? And on a different subject, who worked for KBR prior to being in office?
I know the answer. (holds up hand) I've also worked for them. Never made into office tho.[:/] I just had to add this for the those not in the know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I know the answer. (holds up hand) I've also worked for them. Never made into office tho.[:/]

I can't remember, did Bush/Cheney get money for their campaign from KBR?