Zipp0

More US troops = More dead US troops

That's all the surge has done so far. The last 2 months have been the deadliest for the US since the start of the war.

Now, US commanders are considering cease fire agreements with the insurgents: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq

Can you claim victory when you ask the bad guys for a time out?

At the same time, it appears that Turkey may make a military incursion into Northern Iraq, further complicating the situation, and Russia says we have started a new arms race.

It's starting to look like the Bush admin could not fuck things up any better if they tried to.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

It's starting to look like the Bush admin could not fuck things up any better if they tried to.

Oh, I don't know about that. Keep your eyes open. There's only about a year left to create a distraction shocking enough to justify declaring martial law and "postponing" the elections.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Oh, I don't know about that. Keep your eyes open. There's only about a year left to create a distraction shocking enough to justify declaring martial law and "postponing" the elections.

That would indeed create some strange bedfellows. Can you imagine the extreme right militia types working with the lefty screwballs? They would have to bring the troops home just to deal with them!

I pray you are wrong.[:/]

I pray you are wrong.

I do too.....

But for the first time in our history I think we have a group that truely believes that they are just SOOOOOO RIGHT. GOD has told them so... in protecting the American people that... they would do it....

An d I think you would find a sizable number of the HUGE group of moderates in America revolting against that too...

Ok yes ill get flamed for this.

Fair play, but i admit a mistake. I at first supported the war and still believe the intention was good. But i am rather appalled at the lack of initiative to end it- yes its an insolvable mess, agreed. Yet it seems sometimes both the British and USA administrations are blind as how to solve it - BY ALL MEANS, the military are heroues for their courage in the face of danger, and they should not at all be condemned.

yet i do applaud one thing - they may fanatically believe they are right, which at least shows they have convition unlike so many politicians (especially in rhe Uk withthe likes of "Dave" cameron etc etc).

Although this conviction is misplaced at least one can say they did what they thought was right desptie it turnnig out to be a disaster.

yet i do applaud one thing - they may fanatically believe they are right, which at least shows they have convition unlike so many politicians (especially in rhe Uk withthe likes of "Dave" cameron etc etc).

"When the president decides something on Monday, he still believes it on Wednesday - no matter what happened Tuesday." -Colbert

"When the president decides something on Monday, he still believes it on Wednesday - no matter what happened Tuesday." -Colbert

Hilarious!! (and TERRIFYING)[:/]

Keep your eyes open. There's only about a year left to create a distraction shocking enough to justify declaring martial law and "postponing" the elections.

These occassional posts about "declaring martial law" and "postponing elections" just crack me up. Really funny stuff. :D:D:D

Keep your eyes open. There's only about a year left to create a distraction shocking enough to justify declaring martial law and "postponing" the elections.

These occassional posts about "declaring martial law" and "postponing elections" just crack me up. Really funny stuff. :D:D:D

Yes - It seems ludicrous now. But I remember when things that have recently transpired would have seemed equally ludicrous.

And if you think that multiple biological attacks in the USA would not result in martial law or postponed elections, you are being a bit foolish too.

Agreed - they try to drum up FUD with that, when the perfect opportunity for Bush to do what they so desperately want him to try (to prove their point) was SEPTEMBER 11, 2001.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Agreed - they try to drum up FUD with that, when the perfect opportunity for Bush to do what they so desperately want him to try (to prove their point) was SEPTEMBER 11, 2001.

So.. when it actually DOES happen... are you going to just go singing along.. BAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA

So.. when it actually DOES happen... are you going to just go singing along.. BAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA

When it DOESN'T happen, are YOU going to go along singing BAAA BAAA BAAA?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Some things that I have learned along the way that I still believe to be true:

1. Bush is too "simple" to know how to tell a lie. If he says something, chances are he believes it. I'm not saying it's true, just that he believes it.

2. The 4th amendment was our guarantee that if our geverment ever sucked that bad, we could start new.

3. All pieces and parts used to make WMD's also have peacefull dual uses.

Yep, pretty much sums it up
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything