SuperKat

Who likes Bill O'Riley?

Why on God's green earth would that bother you as a "fellow skydiver"?

It bothers me because I enjoy ignoring the fact we come from all walks of life including ex-military/conservatives/right-wingers and prefer to think that we are all renegade left wingers who adventurously have one-up on the rest of society

There is your problem(s) You'd prefer to think we are all like you. (left wing) Or at least THINK we are like you THINK you are ... "one-up on the rest of society" Gimme a break! :S:D

steveOrino

and HERE, a freaking study -

Still Failing the "Fair & Balanced" Test
Special Report leans right, white, Republican & male

I don't think anyone can make the argument that FOX doesn't lean right. But I do think the argument can be made that that fact doesn't render their news coverage and programming as having "zero" credibility.

. . =(_8^(1)

Why on God's green earth would that bother you as a "fellow skydiver"?

It bothers me because I enjoy ignoring the fact we come from all walks of life including ex-military/conservatives/right-wingers and prefer to think that we are all renegade left wingers who adventurously have one-up on the rest of society

There is your problem(s) You'd prefer to think we are all like you. (left wing) Or at least THINK we are like you THINK you are ... "one-up on the rest of society" Gimme a break! :S:D

It was humor about jumping not about the politics

he, Limbaugh, and Hannity etc. have a tendency to pretend that they're "news" sources

See, I don't see that at all. They are talk show, hosts, commentators, editorial types. I've never seen any of them come across as news nor proclaim themselves as news. They talk ABOUT the news, but never seem to report it.

That's crazy talk.

Yea, I guess you're right for the most part. They just mention that they're telling you the news that you won't hear elsewhere but that's not really news broadcasting. However, Hannity does open his show with something like "the best, most comprehensive news.......". I think he's smirking when he says it but it's hard to tell on the radio.

Do you have the results of a study or official statement from any credible (read non-partisan) journalistic society to support this "widely accepted fact"?

How about somewhat partisan but well referenced? Interested in any of those credibility challenges? I'll give you a hint. O'Reilly hates them but wont talk to them and has refused their offer to appear on his show.

Then again, some people seem to think many claims, no matter how absurd, are obvious truths.

I think I backed up the race/gun violence issue pretty darn well. You're like my friggin wife - digging up shit from last week to win todays argument.

Well, our counselor said that is BS, so knock it off.;)

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I don't think anyone can make the argument that FOX doesn't lean right. But I do think the argument can be made that that fact doesn't render their news coverage and programming as having "zero" credibility.

Maybe not zero, but this commentary comes close;)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266860,00.html

Why do you say an opinion piece, that examines what some Christian leaders are saying, shows Fox has zero credibility?

"Lauren Green is FOX News Channel's Religion Correspondent"

I must have missed your point. Are you saying that religious people shouldn't have a voice in the media, or that any media that gives them a voice lacks credibility?

. . =(_8^(1)

I must have missed your point. Are you saying that religious people shouldn't have a voice in the media, or that any media that gives them a voice lacks credibility?

Unless it's Al or Jesse...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Why do you say an opinion piece, that examines what some Christian leaders are saying, shows Fox has zero credibility?

I didn't. Why do you argue like Bill O'Reilly? Have you stopped beating your wife?:P

Maybe I should have put a smiley at the end of my statement. I said "not zero" but more to the point, it was just a jab at FOX NEWS for being the source for this piece. But reading it again, is this article from their religion correspondent really an "opinion" piece?

Unless it's Al or Jesse...

Good point -- sometimes I forget those racist assholes are actually "men of God".

---
. . . and noteworthy is the fact that FOX gives those two guys LOTS and LOTS of airtime.

Libs, put THAT in your fair 'n balanced pipe and smoke it.

. . =(_8^(1)

News should be based on facts Religion is based on Faith.

I don’t think we would want to receive are news based on peoples faith
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Agreed, but we are not talking about the AP wire here. We are talking about FOX, which like CBS, CNN, Al Jazeera, and whoever else you want to throw in provides news AND opinion content from across a wide spectrum of perspective.

. . =(_8^(1)

I didn't. Why do you argue like Bill O'Reilly? Have you stopped beating your wife?:P

Maybe I should have put a smiley at the end of my statement. I said "not zero" but more to the point, it was just a jab at FOX NEWS for being the source for this piece. But reading it again, is this article from their religion correspondent really an "opinion" piece?

You said "not zero, but this commentary comes close". That certainly sounded like you were saying the piece somehow confirmed Fox's credibility was close to zero. Then you come back with "it was just a jab". Nice backtrack. ;) And if you are gonna troll, don't get all bent if people call you on it.

So what was the point you were making with that post? You seem to have a problem with that piece. What's wrong with it? What is wrong with Fox featuring it?

This is fodder for a different thread but religion has plenty of exposure in the media, and to our politicians/leadership, and to our justice dept (hopefully this is only temporary). And it seems that sometimes only the fanatical voices are ones getting access and being heard. It's sort of interesting when you consider that many people seem to think that our greatest threat is from radical religious zealots. I can't say that I completely disagree. If I had to pick, I'd say "greed" was our biggest enemy, then maybe the ones with the Readers Digest version of their holy book.

News should be based on facts Religion is based on Faith.

Are you familiar with our First Amendment?

provides news AND opinion content from across a wide spectrum of perspective.

I think we need to get the opinion out of news. I wonder how the minds of the public would change if we only heard news, and were left to decide on our own - ie. "We Report, You Decide." Iroically, this is what Fox says, but it's not the truth. It's more like "We Report and tell you what to think."

All of the news organizations do this to an extent, but Fox, IMO, is worse about it.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

You said "not zero, but this commentary comes close". That certainly sounded like you were saying the piece somehow confirmed Fox's credibility was close to zero. Then you come back with "it was just a jab". Nice backtrack. ;) And if you are gonna troll, don't get all bent if people call you on it.

I'm not bent and this isn't a backtrack, (I'm flat tracking straight ahead thank you very much) but I thought it was necessary to point out that your reply was typical of the way that O'Reilly puts words in people's mouth. But screwing with people isn't as fun when you have to explain it and I already apologized for not attaching the emoticon. Sorry, take your pick:D:o:)[:/]:P

So what was the point you were making with that post? You seem to have a problem with that piece. What's wrong with it? What is wrong with Fox featuring it?

Just making the aforementioned jab:
FOX=right wing=source of fanatical religious jibber jabber=reduced credibility.
Sadly, it was just that simple
:o

I can't stand him. He presents his show as being a platform for discourse and debate, but then violates all principles thereof. I give him as much credibility as I give the guy on the street corner yelling that the end is near.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)