Airman1270

Another Malicious Prosecutor Run Amok

May 2006. Highlands Ranch, Colorado.

46 year-old mother of three at her home. Employees of a fence company installing a fence for the neighbor. Mom goes outside to move some plants and asks that they be careful not to damage her shrubbery. Later she finds thay have (apparently deliberately) destroyed a bush. She becomes angry and confronts the men. Rather than apologize or even acknowledge her loss, they begin yelling and/or laughing at her.

She feels threatened and becomes frightened by their demeanor. She goes into the house and returns with a phone and a sword. Standing at her back door, she calls police. The bastard nazi cops ignore the trespassing/vandalism and arrest Mom on a charge of felony menace. Mom & family spend over $12,000 before giving up and pleading guilty.

The main instigator is an illegal wetback with a long criminal history. Doesn't matter. Cops & prosecutors think a white American who might use a weapon to defend herself is more of a threat than an illegal alien with a violent criminal history.

Mom tries to make contact with the owner of the fence company to discuss the matter, only to be further threatened by authorities who appear to be more interested in cultivating the illegal Mexican vote than in protecting citizens' rights.

The Mom is my sister.

(Aside - If you are a cop and you are willing to make such an arrest under such circumstances, you are a brain-dead nazi scumbag and you deserve to be shot.)

What the hell is going on here?

Cheers,
Jon S.

>If you are a cop and you are willing to make such an arrest under such circumstances . . . .

You mean a situation where one person is threatening another person with a sword? (which sounds like the situation when they arrived.) It would seem to make sense to at least detain the person with the weapon and then figure it out.

I was not there and state laws tend to differ, so its hard to comment on the specific situation. It, however, sounds like you may lack the impartiality and legal justification to correctly claim that the cops and prosecutor were wrong in this case.

Strangely enough, I once had a verbal disagreement with a neighbor (who was drunk) and he also went inside and also came outside with a sword in hand and started to walk down the street toward me with it. If I had been armed, I would have killed him DRT. Instead, I went inside and he went back to his place. He was subsequently arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

I'm not saying your sis assaulted anyone, but once she was inside she had removed herself from any percieved threat and had no legit reason to go back outside with a sword.

To me, the issue is simple: threat with deadly force.

You've got destruction of a plant. Okay. She starts confrontation. They participate. Mother withdraws from any threat. Okay, mom's done nothing wrong now.

Mom returns with a sword. Okay. Problem. Big problem. Major problem.

(Aside - If you are a cop and you are willing to make such an arrest under such circumstances, you are a brain-dead nazi scumbag and you deserve to be shot.)

This is a disturbing statement. Considering the events of two days ago, this is an EXTREMELY disturbing statement.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Mom tries to make contact with the owner of the fence company to discuss the matter, only to be further threatened by authorities who appear to be more interested in cultivating the illegal Mexican vote than in protecting citizens' rights.

The sword was probably too much.

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

...Mom returns with a sword. Okay. Problem. Big problem. Major problem...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

No. No problem at all. She was scared. She did not approach the other men. She stood at her back door while calling 911. Yes, she could have remained inside, but why should she have to? It's HER property. She had every right to demonstrate her willingness to defend herself if attacked.

This is the kind of response I would expect from someone who has spent much of his life in law school and in courtrooms. However, most people don't interpret every detail of their lives through the prism of "How will this look in court?"

This is a disturbing statement. Considering the events of two days ago, this is an EXTREMELY disturbing statement.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The events that occurred earlier this week are irrelevant. I have said similar things over the years, ALWAYS in response to situations where the police respond in a heavy-handed manner to people who do not derserve to be hassled.

Examples include the woman in Woodstock, Georgia in 1994 who was arrested for spanking her child in a supermarket, after a young clueless clerk interpreted this as "abuse." (Before you launch into some version of "maybe it WAS abuse," no, it wasn't. The charges were dropped almost immediately. If there had been an abuse situation, this would have gone further through the system before being resolved.)

Another example occurred a few months ago when a 19 year-old recent graduate visited her former high school in Cobb County, GA to drop off some things for her brother. On the way out she saw some friends in the parking lot and spoke with them briefly. She was arrested by the school "resource" officer.

SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE COP COULD NOT HAVE SIMPLY SAID "I'M SORRY, I HAVE TO ASK YOU TO MOVE ON."

Need more examples? How about the people who leave their kids in the car while going inside to pay for gas. Even though they were inside just for a moment, with the kids in plain sight, some asshole cops interpret this as "child endangerment."

I am very frightened by a police culture that is grooming young cops to operate without any regard for plain common sense. These guys are incapable/unwilling to use a little intelligence & discretion when confronted with harmless minor (alleged) violations.

I stand by my statement. We've now reached a point where, upon hearing about a cop being killed, I wait to learn the details before deciding whether it's a tragedy. The plain truth is that it's no longer necessary to do bad things in order to be hassled by the cops. These bastards think they have the right to stop people, demand ID, and search their cars in the absence of any evidence of criminal activity. Furthermore, they make arrests when they could write tickets and write tickets when they could issue verbal warnings. So often they can get what they want without being pricks, but they'd rather put the screws to people, then claim that people like me who speak up about it should be disarmed and watched very closely.

If next week they are ordered to round up the people in your community, march them to the train station and pack them in boxcars, how many would carry out the orders? Before you say it'll never happen, remember it HAS happened. 30 years ago it was inconceivable that people would be stopped at roadblocks or hassled for their ID simply because they were taking a late-night walk. Today this abuse is routine.

In my sister's situation, if they really thought it necessary to prosecute her for possession of the sword they could have written her a ticket, requiring her to appear in court to answer the charge. At the same time, they could have taken seriously the original crime perpetrated against her by the other men.

If you've ever been hassled by the police for doing something that used to be okay, thank a Democrat.

Cheers,
Jon