SuperKat

What are your scientific explanations of these two videos?

With the size of the universe as it is and for us to be the only ones in it, I couldn't think of a more colossal waste of space

HOWEVER....

Ever notice how all UFO videos are shot from far off with a really jittery camera?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

What are your scientific explanations of these two videos?

They are both television news broadcasts that have been converted to a compressed digital format and published to Internet web sites.

Also see:

http://www.youtube.com

http://www.skydivingmovies.com

This kind of visual manifestation of information is a pretty common occurance around the area I live in, particularly in the colder months.

That's my abbreviated scientific explaination of the videos.

Smart ass. :P

Personally, I don't think the second video was a fake...it is an unexplained occurence, but I don't think the guy shooting video actually created the light himself.

The first...well he said it was near an AF base. You never know what cool new flying things they are testing at an Air base. :)
And to anyone that said that they don't believe in UFO's...well, that's kinda silly. :D An 'Unidentified flying object' is anything in the air that you can't identify...so they do exist. You see them every day, unless you've memorized every aircraft, bird, and cloud formation. ;)

One more thing I might add...are we so limited to our own human thinking that we would SERIOUSLY consider time and space obstacles to other 'intelligent' beings that may have found ways to overcome them?

I think they are only obstacles to common human thinking.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

And to anyone that said that they don't believe in UFO's...well, that's kinda silly. [Laugh] An 'Unidentified flying object' is anything in the air that you can't identify...so they do exist. You see them every day, unless you've memorized every aircraft, bird, and cloud formation. [Wink]

The meaning of UFO has become pretty well defined in common usage as meaning alien space ships. Languages change, strictly literal definitions can become outdated.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Roast Marmoset

Roast Marmoset made this way is easy, relatively inexpensive, and you get great leftovers for roast Marmoset sandwiches.

3 to 3 1/2 lbs of Boneless Marmoset Rump Roast (pick a end cut with a lot of fat marbling)
Olive oil
8 slivers of garlic
Salt and pepper

You will need a meat thermometer

For the gravy:
Red wine, water, and or Marmoset stock
corn starch

Start with the roast at room temperature (remove from refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking - keep it wrapped). Preheat the oven to 375°F.

With a sharp knife make 8 small incisions around the roast. Place a sliver of garlic into each incision. Take a tablespoon or so of olive oil and spread all around the roast. Sprinkle around the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast directly on an oven rack, fatty side up, with a drip pan on a rack beneath the roasting rack. This arrangement creates convection in the oven so that you do not need to turn the roast. The roast is placed fat side up so that as the fat melts it will bathe the entire roast in its juices.

Brown the roast at 375°F for half an hour. Lower the heat to 225°F. The roast should take somewhere from 2 to 3 hours additionally to cook. When the roast just starts to drip its juices and it is brown on the outside, check the temperature with a meat thermometer. Pull the roast from the oven when the inside temperature of the roast is 135° to 140°F. Let the roast sit for at least 15 minutes before carving to serve.

To make the gravy:
Remove the dripping pan from the oven and place on the stove top at medium heat. Note that if you are pulling the roast out early, for rare or a medium rare level of doneness, you may not have a lot of drippings. Hopefully you will have some. If not, you may want to leave the roast in a little longer at even lower heat, 175°F, to ease some more drippings out of it. Add some water, red wine, or Marmoset stock to the drippings to deglaze (loosen the drippings from the pan). Dissolve a tablespoon of cornstarch in a little water and add to the drip pan. Stir quickly while the gravy thickens to avoid lumping. You can add a little butter if there is not a lot of fat in the drippings. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

And to anyone that said that they don't believe in UFO's...well, that's kinda silly. [Laugh] An 'Unidentified flying object' is anything in the air that you can't identify...so they do exist. You see them every day, unless you've memorized every aircraft, bird, and cloud formation. [Wink]

The meaning of UFO has become pretty well defined in common usage as meaning alien space ships. Languages change, strictly literal definitions can become outdated.

No way! I had no idea!! :o

Geez and all this time, when my friend told me he got stoned in college, I thought people were hucking rocks at him. :|

I was being a smart ass. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

:S:D:D:D:D:DB|B|B|

No way! I had no idea!!
Geez and all this time, when my friend told me he got stoned in college, I thought people were hucking rocks at him.
I was being a smart ass.

Roast Marmoset

*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I don’t know if the videos are real. But I think I agree with Carl Sagan on this one. I think it is very probable that there is life on other planets, I also believe there is intelligent life on other planets. If they have the same intelligence as man and lets say only evolved 1000 years or even a 100 years erlyer then us, there is no telling what there capabilities would be. Look at how much we have advanced in the last 100 years.

So yes i belive in UFO not sure i belive every story about UFOs

I'm with you on the life-must-be-out-there thing. Just as a matter of probablilities given the vastness of space and time. I think it is best to be cautious on imposing our history on top of what might be happening elsewhere. Could be radically different.

For example, I agree it is tempting to imagine what 100 more years will bring. But don't forget large tracts of the civilized world practically stagnated for hundreds of years too. History seems to a mixture of times when the right components come together for truly revolutionary change, and periods where not much happens.

And there could be places where the extremes are even more extreme.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

No "evidence" of the existence of extraterrestrials has ever been PROVEN. NONE of the claims have stood up to scientific scrutiny.

Do I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials? I want to believe, but the rational, scientific mind must temper that desire with the countering philosophy - SHOW ME THE IRREFUTABLE PROOF, not just jittery videos. Then, and only then, I will believe.

It is a testament to true believers strength of desire that they would submit shit like that and expect people to take it seriously. I will be in the front row when aliens make their first official visit (why the true believer belief that aliens all want to play hide and seek?), but I'm not buying the garbage put forth so far on their behalf.

With so much readily available state-of-the-art technology available today, if there was any chance any of these encounters were genuine, we would have much better stuff on them by now. Apply the same type logic to any of the goofball stuff out there.

Bigfoot is a good one. If anyone seriously believed it, and really wanted to prove it, they'd have choppers and recon teams on the ready. Next time there is a sighting - BOOM. Scramble the choppers, throw in a few planes with all the latest sensing equipment. Teams of people and dogs on the ground. Scorched Earth level of search. No way no how is some several hundred pound clumsy woodland beast gonna disappear into the woods without a trace. Hell, with forensic sciences these days, people can barely go anywhere w/o leaving a trace.

It's a joke what these nutcases want people to believe.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

60 years of voluntary contact, 150 eyewitnesses, 1200 photos and video that the best 'debunkers' in the world cannot fabricate.

Prove there has ever been contact. Why do the nutjobs always assume that the aliens want to play hide and seek, and that the only ones who seem able to find the aliens are the fringe lunaticas of society? Any civilization advanced enough to make it here would certainly be advanced enough to understand the benefit of engagement over peeking around the corners of clouds and imitating dancing lights for the woo-woo crowd.

Show me one shred of credible evidence. Jumpy, grainy, out-of-focus bullshit doesn't count. I could shoot hours of that. What is the point? Go ahead and post a single decent photo or video. I remember a friend taking me up on that offer once. He showed me one of the classic old videos the woo-woos have as a favorite. It is so obviously a child's top, you can see the markings, the wobble, even the little pump handle. What a farce.

If you have something better than all the old standbys, let's see it.

And that alien DNA stuff. Are you kidding? If that guy is a paid professor, someone is getting badly ripped off. A DNA sequence that has it's own arteries, veins, etc. That is just wet-your-pants hysterical!

Mom, Dad !! Come back don't leave me here with these, crazy earthling's!

"Your mother can't be with you anymore."

Mom, Dad !! Come back don't leave me here with these, crazy earthling's!

"Your mother can't be with you anymore."

But WHY ??[:/][:/]:(

For example, I agree it is tempting to imagine what 100 more years will bring. But don't forget large tracts of the civilized world practically stagnated for hundreds of years too. History seems to be a mixture of times when the right components come together for truly revolutionary change, and periods where not much happens.

I've never been much of a history buff, save for a few specific topics, but what you just said struck me as interesting, and it makes me want to examine some of these cycles more closely. It's funny, isn't it? It only takes a handful of people to go through a revolutionary period, but it takes hundreds of millions to stagnate.

do us all a favor, go to www.fastwalkers.com

Does it not strike you as strange that people wishing to reveal, "the biggest secret in the history of our world," would do so via a white-on-black website (yes, this is a disparaging term) and a dvd with cheesy text-effects, overly dramatic music, and crappy CG animation?

Wouldn't a formal conference or a scientific journal be a more appropriate venue? Is it possible that the target audience is actually a bunch of idiots that are interested in hollywood-style cinematographic nonsense rather than educated critical thinkers eager to study and know more about the world around them?

Can you imagine the response I'd get if I designed a new, more flexible, and efficient way of formatting data frames for satellite communications and I presented it to an audience with a fog machine running and lasers shooting all over the place?

Your mother can't be with you anymore."

"Come. . .My son."

Yea, are we going back to our own planet now?:)

Can you imagine the response I'd get if I designed a new, more flexible, and efficient way of formatting data frames for satellite communications and I presented it to an audience with a fog machine running and lasers shooting all over the place?

Do it! Do it!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The methods used until now to detect extrasolar planets inherently select for very large and/or very hot candidates, so it's not very informative at this stage. It should improve with space based transit photometry.

http://www.kepler.arc.nasa.gov/

True, true.

You will have to multiply the finds by a large number to produce a true estimate since their ecliptic plane will have to approximately align with our solar system for a detection.

Yup. It's going to be a tedious, painstaking search, but the payoff will make it all worthwhile.

This is easily the most interesting mission NASA is planning right now.

Hear, hear, hear. And exciting. What a marvelous age we live in. It's a tremendous challenge, but within our lifetime, we're going to find positive proof of worlds like ours orbiting distant stars.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."