Mockingbird

Political satire on FOX NEWS tonight

OK, I am about as conservative as they get and I thought it was pretty lame. I was really hoping for a conservative twist on the "Daily Show", but was disappointed. I was also a bit affronted that it was on the Fox News Channel. Sure, we (conservatives) need a voice, but don't demean the overall credibility of the FNC by putting on a humor show.

"Better a has-been than a never-was. Better a never-was than a never-tried-to-be..."

Yeah, I was kinda' surprised by that too. Don't know if it's true or not, but I was told that it would premiere on the FOX News channel and then be on the regular FOX network.

A few things got a laugh from me-- the comment about some announcement airing on AirAmerica and therefore no one heard it; the ACLU ads ("protecting the rights of criminals since 1940-something"), and a few others. It seemed more of a contrast to what I remember of the SNL skits than being comparable to "The Daily Show," which I've only watched a couple of times. Jon Stewart is himself on that show, right?--- whereas the anchors on "The 1/2 Hour News Hour" were fictitious.

I also enjoyed the tee-shirt vender segment.

I only found one or two comments a bit distasteful... but at the moment (after video Skype-ing with my brother for two hours... zzzz...) I can't remember what they were!
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

in reply to:Sure, we (conservatives) need a voice, AND a sense of humor & A "WIZARD of OZ GIFT BASKET"
"WIZARD of OZ GIFT BASKET" =
(A heart, a brain, courage, & a one way trip to Kansas) ROTFLMAO!:D:D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

>whereas the anchors on "The 1/2 Hour News Hour" were fictitious.
Uh, so are the reporters on the Daily Show, I believe. Samanta Bee, Steven Colbert etc are fictitious reporters.

Ssshhh!
No Bill, they're 'REAL' ;);););)
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}