dorbie

While Bush sits on his ass and does nothing...

Doesn't particularly bother me. Criminals get beat up in prison every day. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. This goes especially for law enforcement agents, pedophiles, and anyone else considered "at risk" in a prison environment.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Doesn't particularly bother me. Criminals get beat up in prison every day.

You should appraise yourself of the real facts in the case, not just the spin, and how it was prosecuted based on what evidence and from whom before you contribute your bullshit to the destruction of two lives.

You should appraise yourself of the real facts in the case, not just the spin, and how it was prosecuted based on what evidence and from whom before you contribute your bullshit to the destruction of two lives.

You were on the jury?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why bother making that post if you're not going to help us to understand? I would like to know what there is that helps to explain their actions, or how the case made against them may have been false.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Doesn't particularly bother me. Criminals get beat up in prison every day. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. This goes especially for law enforcement agents, pedophiles, and anyone else considered "at risk" in a prison environment.

Blues,
Dave

I don't think a prison system that tolerates assault/rape/etc of inmates is right. It is tempting to consider it justice, but I think not.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

REAL facts?!?!? Dude, the agents (by their own testimony) had no idea the guy had committed any crime other than failure to yield. He attempted to surrender, they decided to beat up on him a bit first, he ran, they tried to murder him, then attempted to cover it up (not by attempting to justify the shooting, but to cover up the 'incident' even took place!).

Just WTF more do you need to realize that prison is where they belong?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I don't think a prison system that tolerates assault/rape/etc of inmates is right. It is tempting to consider it justice, but I think not.

Actually, I agree. I think justice should be dispensed via a formal system, by people qualified and legally authorized to do so. I wasn't advocating the assault/rape/etc of these criminals, just saying it doesn't bother me any more than any other inmate. Fair or not, certain prisoners are going to be more "at risk" in prison than others, especially law enforcement agents and pedophiles. It would behoove them to take that into account when deciding to break the law.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

REAL facts?!?!? Dude, the agents (by their own testimony) had no idea the guy had committed any crime other than failure to yield. He attempted to surrender, they decided to beat up on him a bit first, he ran, they tried to murder him, then attempted to cover it up (not by attempting to justify the shooting, but to cover up the 'incident' even took place!).

Your post is highly misleading, by their admission he was a suspect. The subsequent pursuit and struggle is an escaped drug smuggler's word against theirs, those actions in and of themselves were crimes including evading and assaulting the officers (it turns out he was hauling a LOAD of drugs and managed to flee after a struggle with the officers), and the medical evidence pertaining to the wound on the suspect coroborated the offier's testimony. One of them threw a few spent shells in the canal (wrong) but they weren't supposed to file a report under their own regulation and their supervisor who arrived on the scene and was granted immunity did not file the report he was supposed to.

I don't know what's worse, that these guys are in jail or that so many citizens are ready to go along with this railroading where it's their word against an escaped drug smuggler invited to be compensated. It's unbelievable, the concept of reasonable doubt has absolutely no meaning in this country any more.

Your post is highly misleading, by their admission he was a suspect. The subsequent pursuit and struggle is an escaped drug smuggler's word against theirs, those actions in and of themselves were crimes including evading and assaulting the officers (it turns out he was hauling a LOAD of drugs and managed to flee after a struggle with the officers), and the medical evidence pertaining to the wound on the suspect coroborated the offier's testimony. One of them threw a few spent shells in the canal (wrong) but they weren't supposed to file a report under their own regulation and their supervisor who arrived on the scene and was granted immunity did not file the report he was supposed to.

I don't know what's worse, that these guys are in jail or that so many citizens are ready to go along with this railroading where it's their word against an escaped drug smuggler invited to be compensated. It's unbelievable, the concept of reasonable doubt has absolutely no meaning in this country any more.

Reasonable doubt?!?!?!

By their admission, at the time of the shooting, all they knew was that a driver had failed to yield to a police vehicle. They shot him in the back and attempted to deny the incident even took place. The supervisor tried to back the coverup and made a deal to cover his own ass.

It doesn't come down to a case of their word against the victim's. Their own actions and statements justify their imprisonment. They were bad cops and they brought themselves down.

Get over your denial and start going to the Neo-Con Anonymous meetings.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Reasonable doubt?!?!?!

By their admission, at the time of the shooting, all they knew was that a driver had failed to yield to a police vehicle. They shot him in the back and attempted to deny the incident even took place. The supervisor tried to back the coverup and made a deal to cover his own ass.

It doesn't come down to a case of their word against the victim's. Their own actions and statements justify their imprisonment. They were bad cops and they brought themselves down.

Get over your denial and start going to the Neo-Con Anonymous meetings.

The guy was merely a suspect until he engaged in a life or death struggle with the armed officers in an attempt to evade capture and many years in jail.

It's a pitty YOUR politics has you destroying the lives of two officers.

Maybe you missed the part about the wound coroborating the officers' version of events.

They weren't cops they were borderpatrol agents, and your post is riddled with assumptions.