warpedskydiver

M60E4/MK43 reliability test

I'd still take the M249 over the M60. Much faster firing rate, more accurate and lethal round, and lighter. Of course the firing rate dont mean shit if you have to change barrels every 30 seconds so in a situation like the NAzis were in on D-day, the M60E4 would be invaluable.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

There are a few of us "Older" machine Gunners, Weapons Squad Leaders and Heavy Weapons Platoon SGT's who want a few of the venerable M-60's over the M-240B (same Caliber). The older design seems less finicky in the AO we are operating in (hell we took the M-21 out of Moth Balls, so why not a few more M-60's?)

The M-249 (5.56mm and less range) is used as a dismount and fire and maneuver weapon for the lighter equipped Rifle Squads. So we would like to put them (M-60's) on the Gun Trucks as the Second weapons System as apposed to the M-249. The 5.56 just won't punch through much in an Urban AO.

Some of our better Rifle Platoons maneuver the Weapons Squad (2 machine guns) just like a Fire Team when needed. I used to maneuver as a Gunner with My Assistant Gunner like the 3rd Fire Team in a Rifle Squad. It came in handy in Hondo in '88.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

There are a few of us "Older" machine Gunners, Weapons Squad Leaders and Heavy Weapons Platoon SGT's who want a few of the venerable M-60's over the M-240B (same Caliber).

Aaaa the PIG
never worried about human wave attacks as long as the pig was in action:ph34r::S:o

Humped 1 many klicks and burned up several barrels no one ever had a glove

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Yeah, but you don't make the mistake of grabben' the Barrel with out a glove but one time!

Oh the good ole days of "Jump, Hump, Ammo Dump". (T-10, walk for fucken ever arrive at the range and run up and down the 10 click bastard till you shot up 1200 to 2400 rounds a barrel, AKA Jump,Battle March and Shoot Exercise).

I was thinken', nope, change my mind, won't miss it!:P

Matt

You ever tried runnen' with that sum beach in your arms?

I'll leave the M-2 on the truck and RUN with the M-60.;)

Matt

Agreed. But instead of the M60, I'd rather run with an M249. I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You ever tried runnen' with that sum beach in your arms?

I'll leave the M-2 on the truck and RUN with the M-60.;)

Matt

Agreed. But instead of the M60, I'd rather run with an M249. I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.

I have had the misfortune to have actually humped all 3 of those weapons at one time or another. The deuce is the bomb, if it's on a gun truck or a fixed position, things just disappear when you stroke the butterflys wings. The pig and the piglet both have their places but if I had to choose I'd go with the pig(short snout) over the piglet just for the added reach and the psychological impact that the pig has on people when they hear it(old timers know what I mean).
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That stucatto beat is something you never want to hear aimed your way.

I'll tell ya about the time I got hit in the left wrist by a pig one day (after it punched a wholethrough 3+ feet of sandbags at 500+m's.

Matt

That stucatto beat is something you never want to hear aimed your way.

But have you ever noticed how much more confident people are moving when the support position opens up with the pigs in tandem? I put the sound right up there with the shotgun with its psychological impact not only on the bad guys but confidence it instills in the good guys when they hear it. I have been on the other side of the door in a room during shotgun breaches and all I can say is that if your not expecting it, it will totaly rock your brian housing group.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The prettiest sound I ever heard was, as I was stacked up number 1 in Panama getting ready to enter the UESAT Barracks, and right as we got ready to breach the ground floor, ALL 6 GUNS opened up and then began "talken threes".

By the time we hit the second floor all we could do was walk over the debri.

Matt