NCclimber

Pelosi's 100 hours. Starting when?

DEM VOW ALREADY BROKEN: HOUSE SETS 4-DAY WORK WEEK
Sun Jan 07 2007 15:03:38 ET

Democrats ran to expand the work week in the House to 5 days.

But guess how long that lasted?

Not even one week!

"Culture Shock on Capitol Hill: House to Work 5 Days a Week" front-paged the WASHINGTON POST in December.

Majority leader Steny Hoyer said members of the House will be expected in the Capitol for votes each week by 6:30 p.m. Monday and will finish their business about 2 p.m. Friday.

Explained the POST: "Forget the minimum wage. Or outsourcing jobs overseas. The labor issue most on the minds of members of Congress yesterday was their own: They will have to work five days a week starting in January."

But on the morning after the night before, on the first full week of the new congress, Hoyer has pulled back from his vow!

A Hoyer press release obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT boldly declares: "Monday, January 8, 2007: The House is not in session."

Hill sources claim The House is taking Monday 'off' this week, because of the championship football game between Ohio State and the University of Florida.

And, of course, the following Monday is the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

100 hours...starting...soon

Developing...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DEM VOW ALREADY BROKEN: HOUSE SETS 4-DAY WORK WEEK
Sun Jan 07 2007 15:03:38 ET

Democrats ran to expand the work week in the House to 5 days.

But guess how long that lasted?

Not even one week!

"Culture Shock on Capitol Hill: House to Work 5 Days a Week" front-paged the WASHINGTON POST in December.

Majority leader Steny Hoyer said members of the House will be expected in the Capitol for votes each week by 6:30 p.m. Monday and will finish their business about 2 p.m. Friday.

Explained the POST: "Forget the minimum wage. Or outsourcing jobs overseas. The labor issue most on the minds of members of Congress yesterday was their own: They will have to work five days a week starting in January."

But on the morning after the night before, on the first full week of the new congress, Hoyer has pulled back from his vow!

A Hoyer press release obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT boldly declares: "Monday, January 8, 2007: The House is not in session."

Hill sources claim The House is taking Monday 'off' this week, because of the championship football game between Ohio State and the University of Florida.

And, of course, the following Monday is the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

100 hours...starting...soon

Developing...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey. Gotta watch the Gators win and any good dem has to observe MLK day don't ya know?;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Who cares? It's not like congress is a bunch of coal miners punching in every day with a lunch pail and head torch.

If they manage to do anything good for the country, their job is done.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

***DEM VOW ALREADY BROKEN: HOUSE SETS 4-DAY WORK WEEK

Until 1933, the United States Constitution stipulated that Congress was to meet at least once a year on the first Monday in December unless they legislated a different day.

That's how it should be, instead of them spending a full year figuring out how to spend our money.

CNN has been mentioning that the 100 hour clock begins ticking today at 12:00 Noon EST. They say they'll have their own ticker running on their web-site.

Personally, the less time time they spend making laws, the less they'll annoy everyone. That'll save our money too, so... :S

edit to add: Of course, I'll add that this is Speaker Pelosi's third failure as Democratic leader since the election.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

edit to add: Of course, I'll add that this is Speaker Pelosi's third failure as Democratic leader since the election.

Taking MLK day off is not a failure. If this becomes a norm, then it is a failure.

Not MLK day, that's next Monday, I'm talking about yesterday...taken off for a football game.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Who cares? It's not like congress is a bunch of coal miners punching in every day with a lunch pail and head torch.

If they manage to do anything good for the country, their job is done.

They already did...they stayed the Hell out of session!:P