dbattman

Finally- Battman claims victory over the adware!

After five days, multiple virus scans, adaware, spybot, yahoo! anti-spyware, about a dozen others recommended in various anti-malware forums I have finally located and deleted the pesky sumbitch that pops up those stupid IE ads when I'm online.

Hijackthis! rocks.

[stewey voice] Victory is mine! [/stewey voice]

Needless to say if I ever meet one of the people that write these things I might just pop him in the nose.

Edited: doh! wrong forum.

After five days, multiple virus scans, adaware, spybot, yahoo! anti-spyware, about a dozen others recommended in various anti-malware forums I have finally located and deleted the pesky sumbitch that pops up those stupid IE ads when I'm online.

Hijackthis! rocks.

[stewey voice] Victory is mine! [/stewey voice]

Needless to say if I ever meet one of the people that write these things I might just pop him in the nose.

Edited: doh! wrong forum.

how did you do it? my brother gets IE ad pop ups every so often.

Run Hijackthis! and it will step you through everything in the registry. If you see funny boject handlers and a strange program in the startup registry you don't recognize Bingo!

You can also download about a 54,000 line host file to redirect most popup ad attempts to your localhost.

AVG Antispyware has a good 'processes' and 'connections' section that will let you see if anything is connecting or listening on ports.

You can also try to 'Dance the Security Tango' at securitytango.com.