SpeedRacer

The persistence of Urban Legend.

I made no accusation. I merely offered a premise. I'm a bit unclear if you understand the meaning of accuse.

It sounds more dramatic.

Especially when it's used in a dishonest fashion.

What if you made a point on conservative policy and I replied with "And how does that fit the premise that conservatives are inbred redneck morons?"

I'd probably ask you to back it up. What I wouldn't do is come back with lame ass counterpoints, like the ones I've read here.

Throughout this exchange, you've compared the rightwing extremist POV to the leftwing moderate POV

I've shown that there are libs who act with logic and cons who act with emotion.

They are always exceptions, especially when you cherry pick.

I'd probably ask you to back it up.

Ok. Back it up.

They are always exceptions, especially when you cherry pick.

Exceptions? Gay marriage and flag burning were close to becoming constitutional amendments! That needs a lot of people thinking with something other than their heads.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ok. Back it up.

http://neuropolitics.org/Right-and-Left-Brain-Hemispheric-Asymmetries-Part-2.htm

Section one, paragraph six, male conservatives only see the world in Good and Evil. This is counted as more rational behaviour than the ability to see shades of grey.

Section one, paragraph eleven, female and male conservatives are far more likely to be scarily religious.

Questions 8 and 28 to me show a bizarre contradiction in the responses.

Also, note that the study is designed to highlight gender differences, rather than across the board political differences.

Ok. Back it up.

http://neuropolitics.org/Right-and-Left-Brain-Hemispheric-Asymmetries-Part-2.htm

Section one, paragraph six, male conservatives only see the world in Good and Evil. This is counted as more rational behaviour than the ability to see shades of grey.

Section one, paragraph eleven, female and male conservatives are far more likely to be scarily religious.

Questions 8 and 28 to me show a bizarre contradiction in the responses.

Also, note that the study is designed to highlight gender differences, rather than across the board political differences.

WOW :o

How intellectually dishonest.

And you still haven't explained how the marriage amendment was close to passing. How about it?

And you still haven't explained how the marriage amendment was close to passing. How about it?

I didn't say it was close to passing.

Gay marriage and flag burning were close to becoming constitutional amendments!

You should read what you write before posting.

You still haven't proven your premise.

Your distortion of the what was written in the link I provided gives me the impression that you are only interesting in trying to misunderstand points raised, instead of honestly debating them.

I did read what I wrote, I didn't say they were close to passing.

Your distortion of the what was written in the link I provided gives me the impression that you are only interesting in trying to misunderstand points raised, instead of honestly debating them.

Which part of what I said about your link was incorrect?

I did read what I wrote, I didn't say they were close to passing.

What did you mean when you said they were close to "becoming constitutional amendments!"?

Which part of what I said about your link was incorrect?

The article notes conservatives have a preference towards organized and unambiguous Reality-Models, such as "good" and "evil" or "right" and "wrong". It says "a preference towards"

You say they only see the world in Good and Evil.

A preference towards means "only"?

You infer "very religious" to mean "scarily religious". This comes across as blatant religious bigotry.

You infer "very religious" to mean "scarily religious". This comes across as blatant religious bigotry.

Damn right. Very religious people (with support) scare the shit out of me - they should scare you as well.

Damn right. Very religious people (with support) scare the shit out of me - they should scare you as well.

Mother Teresa? Scary? How so?

How about the Dali Lama?

How about the millions of dedicated Christians who don't prosthelytize?

Did you know a full deck of cards comes with 54 cards? Some people think 30 or 40 cards is no different than a full deck.