ayumigirl

Seeking Instructor in Little Rock, Arkansas Area

Hi,

Newbie here =) I've have done 2 tandem jumps and been through training class w/ 2 static-line jumps at a great place, but it's too far for me to keep going to for my 26 training jumps. (3 hour drive)

I was wondering if anyone know of any instructors closer to my area? (little rock, arkansas) I'm willing to start over in training since it's been 4 months since I've last jumped. I'm still going through withdrawals...man I miss that sky, lol.

Jacqueline

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. But the closest one to me (CAPC) is closed to training (the owner retired). Skyranch is where I current receive training (3 hours away sigh), and the other place (South Arkansas) is almost the same driving length.

Is there another source for seeking instructors?

Jacqueline

While you might be able to find an instructor who lives closer to you, other than for ground training, instructors need dropzones to teach. If there's not a dropzone any closer, you're probably out of luck.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

There is an alternative if you can afford it. Take a skydiving vacation to one of the big DZ. You need one like Eloy where they have good weather and are jumping all week long. You can do AFF in a few days and get onto your solo jumps. Heck a week and you could nearly have your A license.

I used to live in Conway, and I used to drive to Memphis and Dallas for skydiving. So do other jumpers I know there.

I do know one person you could contact. He is the rigger I used before I moved, also my friend. Im sure if there was someone who was running a solid program in AR he could refer you. PM me if you are still after that information.

On a side note, I moved OUT of Arkansas so I could be closer to a larger skydiving operation. ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865