rapter

Should we build more C-17

Our ROTC unit C/O's (2 O-5s and an O-6) were telling me at lunch last week that the cadets and midshipmen with the lowest aptitude scores go into logistics and intelligence.

And those with the lowest overall scores go into teaching.

Those who can, do, those who can't, teach.

I also find it hard to believe that there is a shortage of them to fullfill the current mobility requirements. If that was the case, I wouldn't have 3 of them dedicated to me next month to conduct a 25K HALO drop.

I spent 2 years in Afghanistan working for the AF and I'm pretty sure that you've made trips over there given your MOS. I've watched inter- and intra-theater sirflow issues get worse and worse in those 2 years; cargo and personnel are simply taking too long to get anywhere.

Perhaps there are enough airframes. If that is the case then the AF is guilty of not using them effectively.

Conversations with folks from the CAOC indicate that logistics problems are the norm.

They shouldn't be.

Our ROTC unit C/O's (2 O-5s and an O-6) were telling me at lunch last week that the cadets and midshipmen with the lowest aptitude scores go into logistics and intelligence.

And those with the lowest overall scores go into teaching.

Those who can, do, those who can't, teach.

You can, of course, back that up with data from the military academies and their faculty qualifications.

Have you thought of telling your theory to all those parents spending $tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands in some cases) sending their kids to college to be taught by the stupidest people around.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Perhaps there are enough airframes. If that is the case then the AF is guilty of not using them effectively.

Yes, I have spent my share of time in both theatres and there always seems to not be enough of any type of air to keep everyone happy. With that said, the amounts of people and supplies that go in and out is quite remarkable by any standard and air schedules were usually as reliable as a civilian airliner most of the time. I don't know if there is a management problem or not. However, I find it hard that 3 C-17s could be cut away for my jump operation if they wern't needed to do something more important elsewhere.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'd be willing to bet that CENTAF and AMC out of Scott have some type of airframe quota. I remember seeing the picture of 12 or so C-17's in formation over Charleston when we were having issues. Maybe CENTAF isn't asking for them or AMC isn't giving them up? I dunno, I do know that moving men and material is....painful in the CENTCOM AOR.