maLUCo

WORLDCUP who will win ?

If it's any consolation - remember - before the semi's there are
still a few fish in the pond.
(see attached --- Better NOT open at work )

Cheers, T

BTW, what's NWS (national watercolor society?)

MMmmmnnn.... Germany Vs. Portugal.:P I could watch that for 90 minutes!

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Germany vs Argentina

Woha !! ...what a nailbiter to the last penalty kick.

Azzurri, be afraid!

Cheers, T

Afraid? hahaha!! :ph34r:

Today's game will not be an easy one by any means, but I'm confident my team will come through! Dai ragazzi!! :)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Better Italy vs France.

Naahh... You just know that Italy will want to leave early, & France will pack it in after the first 5 minutes!

Mike.

Edited to add: Germany: 0 -- 2 :Italy!

And what a game! Both were superb. God knows where Italy got that surge un the closing seconds of a 2 hour+ game. I think everyone thought it'd go to penalties.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Today's game will not be an easy one by any means, but I'm confident my team will come through! Dai ragazzi!! :)

yeah - ok - but what were they waiting to 122nd minute for

T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

They were pacing themselves!:$

That was 2 hours of superb & very evenly matched football. Italy took the gamble and surged in the closing 90 seconds - and it paid off with their first goal.

What was really impressive was that instead of then playing for time & playing safe, Italy continued to play an aggressive energetic game, and were rewarded with their second goal.

Well done, & a well deserved win.B|

Mike.

They were pacing themselves!:$

That was 2 hours of superb & very evenly matched football. Italy took the gamble and surged in the closing 90 seconds - and it paid off with their first goal.

What was really impressive was that instead of then playing for time & playing safe, Italy continued to play an aggressive energetic game, and were rewarded with their second goal.

Well done, & a well deserved win.B|

Mike.

It's not very often that I read anything nice about my team that's written in the English language. Your post was a refreshing read. Thanks! :)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

It's not very often that I read anything nice about my team that's written in the English language. Your post was a refreshing read. Thanks! :)

HaHa, let me guess: Mike is the master of British understatement. (Hats off, Mike!) He wrote this to cover his deep mourning, as his Beckhams had to leave the nice German shops, no sorry, the Beckhams lost on the green grass and their money in our beauty shops B|.

What perhaps he really wanted to say is: F**** off all .. remaining teams, I'm ........ a flying sh** of who's gonna be the world champion! >:(

@ Mike: I feel with you. We are losers, too [:/] Just a littler later than you.

@ Masterblaster: Your guys are looking so much better than the others.... :$ So many of them are HOT! And THAT's a real compliment from Germany!

Holy Cow. How it hurts to be the 2nd winner in a match B| Mama mia. Aah and yes: Congrats. Your team was superb B|

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

@ Masterblaster: Your guys are looking so much better than the others.... So many of them are HOT! And THAT's a real compliment from Germany!

Holy Cow. How it hurts to be the 2nd winner in a match Mama mia. Aah and yes: Congrats. Your team was superb

Vielen Dank Christel!!! :)
Great run by your team, they're young and they have a bright future ahead!

Nope.

Mike is pi$$ed off because Germany was knocked out. I would have loved to see a Germany-England final, with Germany winning. THAT would have given England the chance to knock France out in the semi-finals (always a pleasing prospect).:ph34r: Still, my hopes must now rest with Portugal.

For me, the Germany-Italy game was more than two hours of superb, top-class football. I'd defy anyone to pick out any highlights in that game. IT continuously ebbed & flowed from one end of the pitch to the other and both teams gave their very best throughout. It was EVERYTHING that a football match should be and it was impossible to be disappointed at the end regardless of who you supported.

I doubt we'll see better football... It really should have been the final.

Mike.

PS: Has the German economy gone into recession yet..? Or are the England WAGs still shopping?:D

PS: Has the German economy gone into recession yet..? Or are the England WAGs still shopping?:D

No. Thx to all those beautiful WAGs (except Vicky, she really needs to eat a bit more... ) our beautiful little towns made a huge turnover during their stay - no joke!

Anyhow, even with tears in my eyes, I decided to keep all those black/red/golden flaggs hanging out the windows of my house. It's the spirit that makes the games (except, when the Azzurri win>:() - I'm still considering the future of relationship to my 2 best girlfriends, engaged to Italians :).....

BTW: I actually was in our stadium in Cologne at the Ghana match - one unforgettable sentiment, even they lost. Dancing in the streets, no Hooligans, it was like playing and laughing with other kids back in the old days.

Mike. There will be another Wembley one day. We just have to wait for another 40 yrs. :D:D Is Hurst still alive? :)

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

So... Portugal: 0 -- 1 :France.

After the Germany-Italy game, that was crap! If I'd been there I'd be demanding my money back by now.[:/]

And where was the referee from? While Portugal seemed to be a bit too fond of lying down any time a French player came near, there were some strange decisions against Portugal.

Anyway... On present showing, Italy should win against France by a cricket score.

Mike.

So... Portugal: 0 -- 1 :France.

After the Germany-Italy game, that was crap! If I'd been there I'd be demanding my money back by now.[:/]

And where was the referee from? While Portugal seemed to be a bit too fond of lying down any time a French player came near, there were some strange decisions against Portugal.

Anyway... On present showing, Italy should win against France by a cricket score.

Mike.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the entire match. Only few snatches. But what will count at the end are results. Figures. Like usual.

Ask Frenchy and Piisfish. They surely will tell you why France is going to win - even they will NOT!!! :P:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

S

Mike.

An innings?

I was thinking more along the lines of 85 for 1, declared, after 90 minutes of play.

Mike.

you can! - on Saturday - 3rd place match

who wants to referee? - keep your whistle handy

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

you can! - on Saturday - 3rd place match

who wants to referee? - keep your whistle handy

What's one more whistle when Renaldo has the ball!!?:o

Judging by France Vs Portugal, the supporters have come to their own conclusions on the Renaldo-Rooney incident.B|

Mike.

Way to go Deutschland...well-deserved win today.

Yeah... & I'd guess that Italy will go through France just as convincingly.B|

Germany Vs France would be interesting - my money would be on Germany based purely on the quality of their play.

Mike.

And there it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4991652.stm

I thought I'd use The Beeb since if I quoted Fox, it'd be dismissed as Anti-France Propaganda![;P]

Deserved, but not the way it happened.

Malouda's "dive" was distinctly iffy. More a homage to Stuka GmBh than anything to do with football!:o

And what the hell was Zadine smoking!!?

I'll still say that the greatest match of the tournament was Italy Vs Germany.

I thought I'd use The Beeb since if I quoted Fox, it'd be dismissed as Anti-France Propaganda![;P]

:D:D:D

And what the hell was Zadine smoking!!?

I don't know what got into Zidane -- very out of character for him. But I think his Golden Ball award was well-deserved. Cup or no cup, he'll still go down in history as one of the greatest ever. Easily the best player of his generation.

I'll still say that the greatest match of the tournament was Italy Vs Germany.

I agree -- it was a classic.

You had more confidence in the Italian team going into this match than I did...you're the man Mike! Cheers :D

I'm conflicted about Zidane.

Yes, he's a very very good soccer player. No doubt whatsoever.

But this isn't the first time his temper has hurt him and his actions almost certainly lost France the cup.

Soccer is a team sport and when the best player screws his team, it makes him less of a sportsman, no matter how technically skilled he is.

So with that said, I'm not sure he deserved the Golden Ball.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm conflicted about Zidane.

Yes, he's a very very good soccer player. No doubt whatsoever.

But this isn't the first time his temper has hurt him and his actions almost certainly lost France the cup.

Soccer is a team sport and when the best player screws his team, it makes him less of a sportsman, no matter how technically skilled he is.

So with that said, I'm not sure he deserved the Golden Ball.

You make a good case for him not to have it...but apparently that head-butt didn't factor in the decision to award it to him. I think Zidane deserved the Golden Ball because of that stunning performance vs. Brazil. He singlehandedly shut a great team down and ran circles around them...one of the best individual efforts I've ever seen. Sucks that he had to go out like that, though -- I'll be curious in the coming days to hear his reasons for going ape on Materazzi like that. Not a cool thing for a champ like him to do in front of over a billion people, in his final game as a pro :S. I hope he will not be remembered for that, because he shouldn't be.

Worse than that incident though was Malouda's dive in the beginning of the game -- truly despicable.

It all worked out in the end though, and I truly believe Italia were the best team overall -- our 12 goals were scored by ten different players. Practically everybody pitched in to bring the cup home after 24 long years B|