DSE

OT: Flying with my cameras

So, this weekend while on travel, I purchased a Sony HC3 camcorder as I needed a second cam at this event.
Decided to pack the HC3 and power supply/battery away with my Z1 in the flight case, and put the empty box in my suitcase. On arrival home, I found the box had been stolen from my suitcase. This means I lost warranty card, component cables, USB cable, and a couple other small items related to the camera. Losing the remote is probably the biggest deal.
Just remember that because they're wearing badges doesn't mean they don't steal. There is a reason baggage losses and thefts have skyrocketed since the TSA was created and activated. It's really a license to steal. I'm sure we'll soon see another bust of TSA workers colluding to steal like we've seen in Las Vegas, Orlando, Miami, LA, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta (where I flew out of), Detroit, LaGuardia, Newark, and other majors. Be sure your gear is insured against airline theft, cuz trust me, the TSA/Homeland Security doesn't pay you back. We're STILL waiting to be paid for on a GL1 camcorder destroyed by them 3 years ago. We only get letters explaining why it's taking so long.
It's impossible for me to comprehend that there are morons that have the ignorant audacity to support the TSA/Homeland Security. So far I've yet to hear one verified story of what bad they've prevented vs a whole lot of nasty inconveniences and embarassments they've caused. Like when they tried to hand-carry a paraplegic through security in SLC, and dropped him on the floor, adding injury to his insult. "Oh, but they're so important to our safety..." Yeah, right. Paying bare minimum wage to people who in mass numbers haven't even graduated high school and can't get jobs anywhere else isn't a deterrent to anything except assuring that many of us will continue to lose our possessions.

Are you suggesting that the TSA operatives are anything oter than honorable upright officers of the State? You should be thanking them, tose guys and girls are risking their very lives so that Americans can sleep safe in their beds. So they might not be out in Iraq fighting the bad guys but they are saving lives at home in the USA by stopping terrorists hijacking aircraft, stopping drug dealers from poisoning school kids, stopping mad A rab bombers from blowing us to kingdom come. I think its down rigt unpatriotic of you to ave a go at these heros.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I sincerely hope you're tongue in cheek. :S

The TSA has about as much to do with what's happening in Iraq as what's happening at Ma Fischer's Day School in Podunk, TX.

The TSA is merely another rent in the fabric of what once made America a great country. Fascism has reared its head in America, and appears to only be worsening. Follow the growth and "administration" of Adolf Hitler in the early years (preWWII), it's very similar to King George. Homeland Security is exactly the same as the SS, only Germans were too blind and accepting to see it. The common phrase of the time was "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear." Sound familiar? Seriously, read your history, you'll find this was a common radio broadcast theme in its day. The biggest difference between Hitler, Mussolini, and the current administration is the current administration doesn't have the support of a whole lot of former or high ranking military. From 1920 to 1930, Hitler purveyed the "superiority of Germany." Hmmm....Sound familiar? We're Americans, we're superior, and we're inspired by God's divine right....According to our president, anyway.
The only thing worse than a thief, is a thief with a badge. The only thing worse than a thief with a badge is the administration that put such a thief in place and allows him to stay there.
I'll tell ya, if anyone really believes that the TSA folks are saving us from anything...I've got a lead parachute to sell ya. You can find significantly more creativity and intelligence at McDonalds on a weekend than you'll find in the most high-ranking levels of Homeland Security.

Fascism in America. ABSOFUCKINLOUTLY. One day the sheep will wake up and smell the coffee but I fear it will be to late. The TSA> What a fuckin joke. Yes. I had a suit case come out on the conveyer on arrival (from Orlando to Ont. Ca.) OPEN w/ stuff missing. They couldn't give a fuck>:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.