warpedskydiver

Gun Free School Zones Law

I cannot belive people buy into this POS legislation aimed at disarming ANY lawful firearm owner by merely traveling or living within 1000' feet of ANY school and a "school" can be nearly anything, sunday school, dance school, art school, martial arts school, firearms academy, etc.

the Law is FLAWED and needs to be repealed

ohio law is not like yours. we have to be going onto school (the traditional kind) grounds to conduct business in order for us to have to unload our guns. if you're just passing by on a street or walking by within the 1000 ft., you can continue to carry normally.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

ohio law is not like yours. we have to be going onto school (the traditional kind) grounds to conduct business in order for us to have to unload our guns. if you're just passing by on a street or walking by within the 1000 ft., you can continue to carry normally.

No this is a FEDERAL LAW>:(

that's really bad it was passed in 1998

this is a FEDERAL LAW>:(
that's really bad it was passed in 1998

A little history on this law, for other readers.

The first time it was passed, it was challenged as illegal, because there is nothing in the Constitution that says that the Federal government can control how guns are carried within individual states. The challenge was upheld, and the law was overturned.

So then the sneaky anti-gun politicians inserted a clause saying something to the effect that "it affects interstate commerce", and presto! Suddenly the law is legal again because now they claimed something that the Constitution actually gives them the authority to regulate.

The claim is bullshit, but nevertheless, that's how it stands now. That should be challenged also, and I don't know why the NRA doesn't. Just because they claim something, doesn't make it so. How does me carrying my gun around inside my car affect interstate commerce? And the whole idea of trying to promote school safety by claiming interstate commerce is bullshit too. This is a matter for the individual states to settle for themselves, and the feds should butt the heck out.

and doing so is a Federal Offense

thats just sick...in order for me to leave my neighborhood to go hunting I am legally required to have to jump my fence and go through the easement and across the barbed wire fence through a car dealership in order to avoid going within 100 feet of a school:S

instead of getting in my car and driving up from the end of my dead end street.>:(