Enrique

Phosphorous in Fallujah (video)

Excuse me, but what's the big deal? Would it be all that much different if they had been killed by bombs or by bullets, or chopped into bits with swords and pole axes?
Incendiary weapons have been used in war for as long as history goes back, and probably further.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

I agree... it's not going to matter if it's death by Phosphorous or by an AC-130 gunship with all guns blazing. You're dead in seconds.

I beg to differ. You're absolutely wrong.

And going by your logic, then there are really no objections to bringing nerve agent back into the fray, right?

I am not expressing any opinion whatsoever. I simply posted a video that I find a bit disturbing. AAMOF, I agree with both of you... it doesn't matter how you die. At the end, you are dead anyways.

What would be interesting to know is if any rules of war are being broken.

And going by your logic, then there are really no objections to bringing nerve agent back into the fray, right?

... and I agree with you too. There are certain weapons that cause long term effects on all living things (i.e., Hiroshima). I don't know, however, if that is the case of phosphorous.

> Excuse me, but what's the big deal?

We made it a very big stinking deal that Saddam used chemical agents against Iraqis; his use of chemical weapons (which included white phosphorous in our reports) was one of the reasons given to invade Iraq. If there was no difference, if "dead is dead," we wouldn't care who had CBN weapons.

Yep... The big deal is that Iraq WAS invaded because of Saddam's use of chemical weapons against people (like the time he bombarded Kurdish villages & Iranian Army attacks with white phosphorous!

From this video it appears that US forces have sunk to the same level!:(

Then again, maybe this amount of white phosphorous was simply used as a signal?

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

what's phosphorous?

when it burns, it burns very hot... those M-18 smoke grenades that the military jumpers use on demos have phosphorous, but in small amounts.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

From this video it appears that US forces have sunk to the same level!:([/reply

Naaahhh, there will be some rationalized reason that will make the U.S use of chemichal weapons like something good.

Something along the lines of... "There was insurgents among them", or " we didn´t target innocents, although we knew that there were innocent along the bad guys"

yeah, but with my mental capacity, i decided long ago that i should stick to lower case. :D

In Spanish speaking countries it is the other way around. Since some words must be written with graphic accent marks (i.e., corazón, avión, pretérito), most people that have trouble spelling use upper case to avoid the need to use a graphic accent. :S

***Is that what you call it in English? an accent?

I also find it disturbing that people get their panties in a bunch about this. Anyone want to show proof that all those bodies were people soley killed by raining WP? Yeah, good luck finding that...(hint, they're not).

From this video it appears that US forces have sunk to the same level!Frown

Same level eh? Well take a look at these pics.

If seeing that poor excuse for a chop-job video pisses you off, take a look at these pics. Or is it not disturbing because they're Americans?

Is that what you call it in English? an accent?

yep, and more importantly, i have successfully hijacked this thread. :D i now return it to its rightful owner: Enrique. :P
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>If seeing that poor excuse for a chop-job video pisses you off, take
>a look at these pics.

Does seeing dead americans make it easier for you to accept dead iraqis? Odd. If other people get killed in the US, would that make you less upset if a friend of yours is killed?