artistcalledian

USA V China

>Well I'm sure you argue our economy is shitty right now. . .

Uh, no. 1929 was shitty.

>so what you're saying is we'd lose to China today if we went to war?

We would never, ever win a war with China. Whether we'd call the end result winning or losing would depend on whether the president at the time was on your side.

Hell we couldn't win in Korea, even though we were still on war footing from WWII, and China had just been occupied by foreign forces then had a revolution. That's a war I really really don't want to happen. :| We may have the technological edge (not by much)...but they gotta a lot of soldiers

Because our military power and superiority is not linked to who makes our TVs. Yeah, China could just stop making TVs and such, but that doesn't weaken our military any.

It will.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Would China just flatten us out like the original guy said?

"Flatten us?" They could flatten a few cities if they wanted to. But they couldn't "destroy the US" or any such.

>But beat them into submission, yeah we could do that.

Riiiight. Imagine Iraq on a bad day. Now imagine there are 10,000 times as many insurgents and 200 times the area to hold. And they have a real military.

this whole argument is stupid. YTF would America & China go to war against each other, when continuing to trade peacefully would be so much in the best interest of both of us?

money talks & bullshit walks.
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

"That's like saying we would never attack Iraq because we needed their oil."

Thats right, you'd never actually say it...;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Riiiight. Imagine Iraq on a bad day. Now imagine there are 10,000 times as many insurgents and 200 times the area to hold. And they have a real military.

Ok, imagine China not being able get any soldiers off their land and onto the US, Taiwan, etc. If we want to, China won't be getting military members anywhere. They pretty much don't have airlift and are thus limited to ships and boats...which would be decimated by our Navy and AF immediately. Sure a full on land invasion into China would suck, but as far as keeping them in their own damn country...not a problem.

Oh no, I didn't say anything about nukes. If it escalates to that, half the world is fucked. Theres no stopping that militarily...as far as I know, but who knows what crazy shit we have. Maybe the guys w/ the almighty space wings can save us! God those are so gay...ok, back on topic.

On a good note though, it'd sure be fun to drop iron on them!

Dude, is it possible your tetosterone is out of whack or something? I do business with the Chinese and have friends there, I’d rather not see these people or their brothers get bombed except when we’re at the bars. Aside from a Chinese combat arms indoctrination ceremony I witnessed once at the Forbidden City, I haven’t observed any Chinese display a similar hostility towards the U.S. (the propaganda videos played at the Beijing ceremony did appear to have U.S. military in focus as a contingency, we do the same thing with the Chinese armed forces). Time to step back from the edge methinks.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

>They pretty much don't have airlift. . .

They have the third largest air force in the world.

>and are thus limited to ships and
>boats...which would be decimated by our Navy and AF immediately.

Right. But if someone did that to us, we'd launch nukes. I see no reason they would not do the same. Heck, they're a lot less sensitive to nuclear attack than we are, since their population is less dense and their dependence on semiconductors is a lot less.

I see no reason they would not do the same.

China lacks the means to deliver a meaningful conventional or nuclear first strike on the U.S., consider the attached. The Chinese leadership is aware the U.S. can deliver an overwhelming conventional or nuclear retaliatory strike on China. Since I doubt the Chinese leadership is suicidal or wants to see its plans for China’s ascension scuttled there is indeed reason why China would not do the same.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

Come on, just having a little fun...I don't want to kill your firends. Sometimes a shootin match is what we want in a sick way...it sucks when you practice but don't compete, you know? Anyways, only twisted humor, I don't really want to kill a bunch of innocent people, that's not my thing. But dropping some iron on a bunch of army dudes while blasting a few Migs after China started some shit would be good in some ways.