Slappie

OMG!! BLAM BLAM BLAM!!

do you honestly believe the mainstream media is NOT anti-gun?:S

I certainly do believe they are (typ) anti gun, even in hero stories. But, if your story WAS written up, no mention of you using the gun would appear. See the headline

"Wealthy White Suburban Home Owner Terrorizes Honor Student - page 3"

And everything about it would be a lie... except i'm white and own my home... i'm far from wealthy, i live in the city, not the burbs, and this dude was no honor student.. no student at all in fact... he'd dropped out of school a few years back... i wonder where he is now....

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Oh man I had some good times over the summer with the SA80. Out in the Mull of Kintyre with a load of unused ammo at the end of the exercise. About a hundred of us lined up and let loose into the scottish countryside on automatic.

Unfortunately most of us were pilots so they wouldnt trust us with live ammo.....just aeroplanes:P:(

Yeah! Like shooting a feral hog at 400 yds with a 30.06! But, you gotta admit, shooting the shit outa something with an automatic weapon is, well... satisfying!

Naaww, I ain't gotta admit nuthin' cos I don't think there's nuthin' satisfyin' about shootin' the shit outta somethin' with an automatic weapon. No yeehaww from me pal.

If you find that satisfying, I think there's something really lacking in your life. I'm glad I don't live near Oklahoma like you do. That was some serious REDNECK shit.

I thought that video was totally f.cking pathetic and I saw nothing healthy, entertaining, sane or remotely satisfying in it. A bit ironic considering my choice of avatar, eh?

Jumpin' outta planes and my girlfriend jumpin' on me provides me heaps of satisfaction, but to each his own.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

You and Winsor oughta get together and compare gun collections... ;)

who's winsor?

i don't have much of a collection... started w/ a steyr M40, traded it for a Khar K40, then got the Kimber and the kel-tec. Had a Mossberg 500 pistol grip 12 gauge for a bit as well as a Mini-30, but hocked 'em for the cash. That mossberg rocked... 7 rounds up and one in the tube... shit.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

You and Winsor oughta get together and compare gun collections... ;)

who's winsor?

i don't have much of a collection... started w/ a steyr M40, traded it for a Khar K40, then got the Kimber and the kel-tec. Had a Mossberg 500 pistol grip 12 gauge for a bit as well as a Mini-30, but hocked 'em for the cash. That mossberg rocked... 7 rounds up and one in the tube... shit.

Winsor Naugler III. He's on here sometimes (winsor)though I haven't seen him post much lately. He's a bit like Bill Von in a philosophical way...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wrong. In the large majority of cases, lead from shooting ranges does not leach into the soil or water.

And it can be periodically harvested and recycled.

I know this guy who can take care of that (me, its one of the things we do where I work).

You are right about the leaching in the ground. Look at it like this....

If you set a a part on the ground that has been electro-plated with Chromium (hex or tri makes no difference), does that make the ground contaminated and cause it to carry a D007 waste code?

The answer is...... NO!!!! Most people don't realize that the material has to leach into the ground (and almost all the soil on the earth has metals in it so relax).

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

thought maybe some gun pics were in order...

To those who think that showing guns to friends in the DZ parking lot is a bad idea, I wonder if a virtual online show-and-tell is okay?

Photos attached:

"Target1" is my first 300-yard match with my AR-15 after I installed a new barrel on it. It looks like it's going to be a good one! It still needs some more break-in. This is from the prone position (no bench rest), with iron sights (no optics). You would think that random distribution would have dropped a few of those in the darned X-ring!

"Target3" is a WWII M1 Garand, also 300-yards prone. It's a little sloppier, but that's the norm for a Garand.