JohnRich

Bond, James Bond: "I Hate Guns"

Its just the license plate number on one of my cars. The car is a model 912, year 1969. Sorry - I'm not too creative when it comes to screen names.

Thank You,

Jim

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Now, if a anti-gun advocate became a sponser of a company that made bullets or guns, THAT would be an issue.

How about Sarah Brady buying a shotgun for her son as a birthday gift?

How about Congresswoman Diane Feinstein, who said on "60 Minutes" that she would call for all gun-owning Americans to "turn them all in", and just happens to also carry a concealed handgun for her own protection?

How about Rosie O'Donnell speaking for the Million Mom March to ban all guns, while hiring armed security guards to protect her and her children?

Gosh, examples abound.

Wouldn't a member of Her Majesty's Secret Service (or whatever the organization is called in bond movies) be considered a law enforcement officer of sorts? How many anti-handgun advocates do you know of that feel police should not have access to guns? How is he playing a role opposite his convictions, again?

The "Charlie's Angels" actors didn't like guns, so they made their movie using Kung-Fu and other crap instead. At least they put their art where their convictions are - I can respect that, even if I disagree with their position. I don't respect people who say one thing, but then do another.

Now, if a anti-gun advocate became a sponser of a company that made bullets or guns, THAT would be an issue.

How about Sarah Brady buying a shotgun for her son as a birthday gift?

How about Congresswoman Diane Feinstein, who said on "60 Minutes" that she would call for all gun-owning Americans to "turn them all in", and just happens to also carry a concealed handgun for her own protection?

How about Rosie O'Donnell speaking for the Million Mom March to ban all guns, while hiring armed security guards to protect her and her children?

Gosh, examples abound.

And fine examples they are. Thanks for examples that have NOTHING to do with this guy.

God, you and your "really-reaching" gun stories are hilarious. I wrote out this nice paragraph, but then I realized, what is the use? Just read everything I already said. Not a lobbyist, just and actor who is ACTING.

You REALLY do not help the cause of gun advocacy at all with stories this trivial.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

...just and actor who is ACTING. You REALLY do not help the cause of gun advocacy at all with stories this trivial.

Where did I ever say that this was not trivial? You're creating a strawman argument by trying to put words in my mouth. And as always happens when that is done, those words don't fit. So your argument is moot.

Is there something wrong with talking about trivial items here? Because if that's the case, then you should also be complaining about a whole bunch of other trivial threads here in Speaker's Corner. But I don't see you doing that. Hmmm, curious...