Pendejo

Bush takes the blame

Let's get something clear here. For over 99% of the people of the USA the competence of the mayor of NO is of no consequence. For around 98% of the people of the USA, the competence of the governor of LA is of no consequence. For 100% of the people, the competence of the President of the USA and the people he appoints to run federal agencies including FEMA, and of federal funding to Army Corps of Engineers for flood control and other infrastructure projects is of significant consequence.

Thank you for making that CLEAR for me Dr. Kallend.

It would seem that they were all three of significant consequence to the people of NO as well. Which is what I believe this discussion was about, not that we don't all appreciate you reminding us that the mayor of NO has almost no impact on my life. Unless you consider how his inept ability to implement the evacuation plan has impacted all those helping in the relief effort.

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

but they both bear some responcibility

Your way of putting it better describes the way I feel about it. I do think its commendable that they are willing to say "the buck stops with me and I take responsibility." Even though it sounds like She wants wishes she had kept her mouth shut on the satellite feed:)

Let's get something clear here. For over 99% of the people of the USA the competence of the mayor of NO is of no consequence. For around 98% of the people of the USA, the competence of the governor of LA is of no consequence. For 100% of the people, the competence of the President of the USA and the people he appoints to run federal agencies including FEMA, and of federal funding to Army Corps of Engineers for flood control and other infrastructure projects is of significant consequence.

what the hell are you smoking:S As for the money to the Corp YOU had better do some resarch as apposed to reading at Moveon.org or youngdemocrats.com.

You being so interested in posts is quite enlightening though[:/]

Please explain how the mayor of New Orleans affects my life in any way as a resident of Illinois.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Please explain how the mayor of New Orleans affects my life in any way as a resident of Illinois.

[Devil's advocate]His inability to evacuate the city triggered additional costs that will be paid with federal funding, thus drawing away from your ability to get funding for a pet research project. [/devil's advocate]

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

[Devil's advocate]His inability to evacuate the city triggered additional costs that will be paid with federal funding, thus drawing away from your ability to get funding for a pet research project. [/devil's advocate]

You reckon? What about the savings due to having fewer mouths to feed?

Blues,
Dave

Now that's a good sign. Good for him! Taking responsibility for a mistake is the first step towards making sure it doesn't happen again.

Taking responsibility ?
If Bush is responsible for the suffering and deaths of all those people, how will he make ammends?
Seems like he should at least resign.

If by my error you suffered some loss, merely claiming myself responsible doesn't make it all *right*.

It was obvious he was responsible long before Karl told him to admit it.

Now Bush needs to apologize for his incompetence and compensate those who were damaged by his incompetence.
He also needs to resign.

Blues,
Cliff

Now that's a good sign. Good for him! Taking responsibility for a mistake is the first step towards making sure it doesn't happen again.

Taking responsibility ?
If Bush is responsible for the suffering and deaths of all those people, how will he make ammends?
Seems like he should at least resign.

If by my error you suffered some loss, merely claiming myself responsible doesn't make it all *right*.

It was obvious he was responsible long before Karl told him to admit it.

Now Bush needs to apologize for his incompetence and compensate those who were damaged by his incompetence.
He also needs to resign.

Blues,
Cliff

Man, if every president who had death and suffering occur under them resigned, we would never have one.

hhmmmmm, but maybe that is your design.

You are on a role man. You amuse me. Keep going.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Here's how the Feds should respond:

The 1906 earthquake struck San Franciso at 5:13 AM.
By 7 AM federal troops had reported to the mayor.

By 8 AM they were patrolling the entire downtown area and searching for survivors.

The second quake struck at 8:14 AM.

By 10:05 AM the USS Chicago was on its way from San Diego to San Francisco; by 10:30 the USS Preble had landed a medical team and set up an emergency hospital.

By 11 AM large parts of the city were on fire; US Army troops continued to arrive throughout the day, evacuating people from the areas threatened by fire to emergency shelters and Golden Gate Park.

By 3 PM US Army troops had shot several looters, and dynamited buildings to make a firebreak; by five they had buried dozens of corpses, the morgue and the police pistol range being unable to hold any more.

At 8:40 PM General Funston requested emergency housing - tents and shelters - from the War Department in Washington; all of the tents in the U.S. Army were on their way to San Francisco by 4:55 AM the next morning.

Prisoners were evacuated to Alcatraz, and by April 20 (two days after the earthquake) the USS Chicago had reached San Francisco, where it evacuated 20,000 refugees.

And they did it without benefit of cell phones, the internet, radio, TV, diesel trucks or jet planes.

all of the tents in the U.S. Army were on their way to San Francisco by 4:55 AM the next morning.

Actually they were referring to all the tents from Vancouver; Forts Douglas, Logan, Snelling, Sheridan and Russell, from San Antonio and the Presidio of Monterey(according to the museum of San Francisco). Thats a far cry from all the tents in the army as you have implied.

I gotta go to the DZ and jump for the weekend :)

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

all of the tents in the U.S. Army were on their way to San Francisco by 4:55 AM the next morning.

Actually they were referring to all the tents from Vancouver; Forts Douglas, Logan, Snelling, Sheridan and Russell, from San Antonio and the Presidio of Monterey(according to the museum of San Francisco). Thats a far cry from all the tents in the army as you have implied.

I gotta go to the DZ and jump for the weekend :)

I also omitted the tents in Cuba and the Phillipines for the Spanish American war. Oh dear.