freeflybella

circumcision

Edit to remove rude comment - try answering the question and not lashing out!

You probably think a baby being aborted doesn't feel pain because it's dead now right? That's the train of thought you are following..

Hard to follow your train of thought - SINCE YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Try that first. And I'll be more then happy to engage you on your point.

But save the chump shots in the future>:(
You are poking in a mutually sensitive area.

Carpe Diem

C'mon Dude! Your the expert in regards to psychology and how neuropathways in very young children are formed and developed. And you are a perfect case study for this question. I'm the "shallow" one. Help me get deeper

You've circumcised one of your sons. You did not with the other. You assert it to be a horribly traumatic experience for the child.

So, again, what abnormal behavior, that you attribute to cirumcision, have you seen in your first son??????

I got four that are cut - no issues at all.

Me cut - no issues at all. Trying to get a better understanding of these issues you are convinced resulted from it.

Carpe Diem

C'mon Dude! Your the expert in regards to psychology and how neuropathways in very young children are formed and developed. And you are a perfect case study for this question. I'm the "shallow" one. Help me get deeper

You've circumcised one of your sons. You did not with the other. You assert it to be a horribly traumatic experience for the child.

So, again, what abnormal behavior, that you attribute to cirumcision, have you seen in your first son??????

Me cut - no issues at all. Trying to get a better understanding of these issues you are convinced resulted from it.

AGAIN.. One of the most shallow, pre-school, temper tantrem posts I've ever seen.

For the greenies I'm referring to the post not you personally.

Go read Emotional Intelligence then get back to me. I'll help you get started on this pathway to at least basic child psychology understanding.

How is it a "temper tantrem" post?

All he's doing is asking you a question on a topic you've stated you have knowledge. He's done it in a prety reasonable way pointing out why you should know more than most on the subject. I know these things are subjective over the net and all but personally I detected no anger in this post.

Why not just answer him?

AGAIN.. One of the most shallow, pre-school, temper tantrem posts I've ever seen.

Whew! :| Chill Bro

I'll help you get started on this pathway to at least basic child psychology understanding.

Cool. I'll take you up on that. Lets start with:

You've circumcised one of your sons. You did not with the other. You assert it to be a horribly traumatic experience for (a) child.

So, again, what abnormal behavior, that you attribute to cirumcision, have you seen in your first son?:S

Carpe Diem

Why don't you answer his question. Or you could even point out to him that your conclusions are not based on real world observations in your circumcised son and instead on bookwork. That would also be a reasonable response. Simply ignoring the question doesn't convince anyone that you're right. If you want to sway him or anyone else you've got to give him something to work with. As yet you've not done this, you've just lobbed insults and given some obscure references. Convince him. Or at least explain why you won't answer his damn question.

It's funny that anyone would get so worked up about the "trauma" associated with circumcision, when it is far less traumatic than being born, especially if you were born vaginally. Perhaps we should next label people as bad parents who delivered their children vaginally....

I am certain that circumcision is painful, and I am also certain that circumcision is not usually necessary. BUT it's not so painful as to traumatize a child anymore than the event of his birth or many events that he will experience in his lifetime. Children develop coping strategies based, in early life, on how their parents respond to them and comfort them during painful events. Should we completely shelter our children from painful events??? I don't think so.

I'm not an advocate of circumcision, but to claim that a person is a bad parent who circumcises his/her son is really, really not very rational.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Why don't you answer his question.

I find that interesting also

Or you could even point out to him that your conclusions are not based on real world observations in your circumcised son and instead on bookwork.

Yes, but I still do not see evidence in the bookwork that proves a lasting psychological effect. Which is one reason I continue to ask someone that has the ideal real world situation and also continue to ask if any cut men remember the procedure or pain.

That would also be a reasonable response.

I'm curious on what set him off. Unless I'm simply not aware of his tantrums, until now:S

Or at least explain why you won't answer his damn question.

That has me more curious then the actual answer to the original question. But oh well, it's hard for a wall to get an answer:ph34r:

Carpe Diem

....and then there are people who weren't circumcised and wish they had been. Parents usually do the best they can when they make difficult decisions for their children. Do kids grow up wishing their parents had made LOTS of different decisions for them? Of course they do. But that's life. That doesn't negate an adult's feelings/thoughts down the road about these kinds of decisions, but I do think that most of the time these same people should let their folks off the hook, because there's no way that a parent can see into the future and know what their children will someday want.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I also find it interesting that the majority of people taking the "uncut" side to the extreme are..well, most wont say, but I think uncut. Why the beef?

Most cuts and ones who cut, seem pretty adjusted to it and really dont acknowledge any issues.

Never knew this was such a touchy issue as related by Rhino.

Who would have known:)

Carpe Diem

Didn't see it mentioned, but Penn and Teller's Bullshit! show on Showtime covered the topic this week. It should have replays still coming up.

Their conclusion was that conformity was about the only vaguely legit reason for the practice in America. All the other defenses were...bullshit.

Love the P&T's show - especially the PETA one!

I'd buy the conformity conclusion for the most part.

Wonder if they are cut or have cut their sons. Just to see how deep they are in the "Bull Shit" themselves - did they mention I wonder?

Carpe Diem

and then there are people who weren't circumcised and wish they had been

If you look at the poll there's only 1 here in total. That's a ratio (according to this highly scientific and wide ranging poll.. hehe) of only 1 in 30 uncut who wish they were and 1 in 9 cut who whish they weren't.

BUT it's not so painful as to traumatize a child anymore than the event of his birth or many events that he will experience in his lifetime.

Really?? When is the last time you talked to an infant to find out? Mother Nature pumps the child up with cool stuff to dull the pain of being born naturally. Mother Nature on the other hand does not give a baby anything to lesson the pain of having part of his penis literally sliced off.

Come on people..