Zydrius

Mars M2 aad Service Bulletin 02/09/2016 Mandatory

This SB mentions a list of serial numbers:
"All identifiable m2 safety device owners of the listed serial numbers;"

But I don't see that list. Hopefully Mars is working on that list now, because it would help me plan cutter replacements for specific owners if I know they're going to be affected.

parachutist

But I don't see that list. Hopefully Mars is working on that list now, because it would help me plan cutter replacements for specific owners if I know they're going to be affected.

Me too. They certainly should be able to supply that information. M2 North American Distribution has advised me that they currently do not have that information. But I'd be surprised if it does not become available soon. Those parts should be trackable to the units they were sold with.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rifleman

List is included in the PDF download at the bottom of the page. Attached below.

I think you're referring to the list of cutter batch numbers. Those are in the report, but not serial numbers of AADs which had those cutters installed. Unless you're seeing a lage that's not coming up on my droid

parachutist

All units manufactured before 2015 are affected. Give M2 Distribution Inc. a call and they will send you the cutters you need. I talked to them this morning about 3 units and they were very helpful.

M2 Distribution, Inc
1200 Flightline Blvd, Suite 5A
DeLand FL 32724
USA
Tel: +1 (386) 279-7542
[email protected]
www.m2-usa.com

Blue Skies

bill6870

***This SB mentions a list of serial numbers:

All units manufactured before 2015 are affected. Give M2 Distribution Inc. a call and they will send you the cutters you need. I talked to them this morning about 3 units and they were very helpful.

M2 Distribution, Inc
DeLand FL 32724
USA
[email protected]
www.m2-usa.com

In my log books are some M2's that were manufactured in early 2015. Is Mars saying that 2014 cutters were only installed in 2014 AADs?

parachutist

******This SB mentions a list of serial numbers:

M2 Distribution, Inc
DeLand FL 32724
USA
[email protected]
www.m2-usa.com

In my log books are some M2's that were manufactured in early 2015. Is Mars saying that 2014 cutters were only installed in 2014 AADs?

That would be a good question to ask them when you call. The impression that I got was 2015 units had 2015 cutters but I didn't ask that specifically because none of the ones I'm dealing with fell into that category. Every time I have dealt with them they have been very helpful and great to deal with.

Blue Skies

From what I understand talking to my riggers:

My M2 is within the time period where it may have an affected cutter.

At my next repack my rigger will check the cutter serial number and see if it needs replacement - so I'll schedule additional time to be without my rig in case I need to wait for a cutter to be shipped (planning ahead every 180ish days is always a good idea!!)

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on my AAD for an error message, just like I always do before each jump. If there is an error message: no jumping that rig (just like with any error message on any AAD).

Because I'm over-cautious and planning to attend a couple upcoming boogies, I'm electing to have my rigger open my reserve tray and check the cutter serial number (so I can deal with replacing it before I travel). It's looking like $10 to pay a rigger to look: Worth it for my peace of mind!!

I appreciate that MARS issued this precautionary bulletein, I've seen enough unhappy jumpers grounded due to AAD error messages or problems - if I can avoid being one of them it's worth it to me!!