2fat2fly

SC Polititian's "Innappropriate comments"?

http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/family/4400671/detail.html

I saw the interview and what I got was him saying that there shouldn't be a second CDV charge because the woman shouldn't keep going back to a man that beat her. That statement makes sense to me. It seems as if everyone else is just trying to get camera time by being conveniently offended.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I saw the interview and what I got was him saying that there shouldn't be a second CDV charge because the woman shouldn't keep going back to a man that beat her. That statement makes sense to me. It seems as if everyone else is just trying to get camera time by being conveniently offended.

Count his career over. The populous does not want to hear the truth

When a woman goes back to a man who has beaten her in the past, and he beats her again, two things have happened. 1) She went back....maybe she is not a "self-respecting woman" as he calls her, and 2) He beat her again. Which of those two offenses is more criminal? Each is responsible for her/his actions, but HIS actions are definately the violent actions. Regardless of where she lives, HE should not beat her.

By the time a man starts hitting a woman, she has usually been beaten down mentally pretty significantly. If there are children involved, he has MUCH more likely than not threatened to take them away from her. Since her self-esteem is in the pits, she certainly believes he has the power to do that. Even if she does keep the kids, by the time she decides to leave, she USUALLY has no support system left, because before he ever starts beating her, his jealousy has usually put an end to her significant friendships. She is typically financially dependent on him, and has no idea how she will support her children without him.

There's a lot more to domestic violence than "any self-respecting woman" wouldn't go back. The blame lies on him, imho, and this politician (whoever he is) should get out from under his rock.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

you know, lindsey's right about this. so often, women feel trapped, sucked in, option-less, and afraid for their very lives. often times, in their view, they CANT leave. it frequently takes a drastic intervention to get them to go into a domestic violence shelter, and even then often times they end up going back. I know, it doesn't seem to make much sense, but that's the way it is and it's the WOMEN who should be supported, not the men by being able to get away twice w/ misdemeanors.
Knowing the viscious cycle of domestic violence, and how it can easily elevate to murder, a felony should be the charge.

good grief, cock fighting is a felony but domestic vio. isn't? how f*cked up is that? hmm, sorry lady, but this chicken is more important that you are...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Isn't it amazing that so few people are defending his right to voice his opinion in a public forum.

isn't that a given that he has the right to voice his opinion? i'm personally glad he did voice it, so the people of sc can see him for who he is and use their votes to get him out of there!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Isn't it amazing that so few people are defending his right to voice his opinion in a public forum.

isn't that a given that he has the right to voice his opinion? i'm personally glad he did voice it, so the people of sc can see him for who he is and use their votes to get him out of there!

Amen dude. His right to speak isn't the issue - it's what came out of his ignorant piehole when he exercised his right.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?