UKFSChick

Make music not war!

As an aside from the war/ guns/ Bush stuff...

I just came across a new London band, Belle Park, (supporting Rooster this summer in the UK - at no 5 in charts I believe) turns out one of their latest tracks Weightless is about skydiving:

www.bellepark.com/sounds/bellepark_weightless.mp3

Pretty groovy and upbeat, especially liked the line, "I fell weightless as the world stalled."

It's free to download and use on any skydiving vids if you just email [email protected] for the copyright. Makes a nice change from Tom Petty's 'Freefallin'...

What do you think? We're putting it on our 4way 'Best of' DVD! Hope you like it too :)
x

My generation coined the phrase. "Make Love, Not War," but we were fortunate to come up in a time when sport sex wasn't deadly. I lament (I always wanted to use that word) those who came after the free love movement ended. You really missed a high old time, and never mind the sex, it was a time when we all felt "in it together."

I remember being seventeen or so, and hot on the radio is "Get Back" by The Beatles, and my favorite, "Hot Fun In The Summertime" by Sly and the Family Stone, along with the caveats we learned in "Bad Moon Rising." Nineteen and sixty nine was a hell of a time and one of the best years for music. Sure, not everyone was cool, or what we called "good people." But everyone walked around like everyone else was. We weren't afraid of anything.

It was a year of optimism and the year John Lennon gave us "Give Peace A Chance." In another thread, in another section of this board. I read of someone who wants nothing more than to become a sniper. And, I don't know what to say about that. It's sad when I realize it's only a cure for AIDS that might get us back to more peaceful pursuits. Having relations with 200 people will make you contented and wiser. Smoking thirty people with your 50. caliber will make you a madman . . .

NickD :)BASE 194