sundevil777

Canopy tracker thread - Tintag and others

This one (Tintag) is wireless rechargeable, 4 month claimed battery life, and 100 meter range.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/tintag-87684df9-705b-4406-bac2-c25a1338f16a/tintag-tracker

The range is what caught my attention.

What do you think? Is there good reason to think the claimed range is realistic?

What about the Tile and other similar trackers? Their range is limited but I would think still useful for the price.

If there is a better thread to continue talk about trackers in general, please offer a link, as it seemed there are separate threads.

How about attaching one to the reserve freebag? I understand there are expectations that riggers would not be willing to attach one, but maybe some progress has been made?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'll draw your attention to this thread

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4782158;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

The range is much much more than 100 yards and is easily rechargeable via a USB.

When we did intentional cutaways we found the canopies within minutes with an accuracy of a few feet. I was impressed with Acho's product.

There has been a lot of work in this area but there are a few limits on it and most offerings fall short.

a) Cost of the unit. It has to be affordable. My target was $50/unit or less.
b) Battery life, convenience. Has to have a long enough battery life that you're going to remember to keep it charged/funcitonal
c) Safety - has to be installed on a place that is guaranteed not to interfere with any other part of the rig.
d) Transmitter/receiver issues - has to be legal in your country and good on the airplane (can't piss the pilot off by creating noise on their radio/headset). Has to have a cheap available receiver like a cell phone.

It's a lot to ask and presently a lot of people are working on bluetooth LR transmitters but they tend to eat batteries. Bigger heavier unit then? More chance it's going to interfere with the equipment. Sorry, the news isn't great.

-Michael

hackish

There has been a lot of work in this area but there are a few limits on it and most offerings fall short.

a) Cost of the unit. It has to be affordable. My target was $50/unit or less.
b) Battery life, convenience. Has to have a long enough battery life that you're going to remember to keep it charged/funcitonal
c) Safety - has to be installed on a place that is guaranteed not to interfere with any other part of the rig.
d) Transmitter/receiver issues - has to be legal in your country and good on the airplane (can't piss the pilot off by creating noise on their radio/headset). Has to have a cheap available receiver like a cell phone.

It's a lot to ask and presently a lot of people are working on bluetooth LR transmitters but they tend to eat batteries. Bigger heavier unit then? More chance it's going to interfere with the equipment. Sorry, the news isn't great.

-Michael

Your comments are spot on, and so I'm wondering how you think the Tintag does (estimating how it will do based on claims and real experiences), and how it compares to other common units like the Tile, etc.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hello guys,

I just want to tell my experience with Acho's skytribe tracking device. I'm testing now a new Cross Brace prototype XF15 PRO in 10 jumps I did one cutaway and I couldn't fount the canopy in 3 days. I asked for a help a friend with gyrocopter and we' were flying several times and e found the canopy after 3 hours thanks that the sun was sunrising and the gleam of the metal parts of the RDS, anyway . It's took me time to instal the tracking device at the D bag, but worth it .
Imagine that cutaway in Vector Festival in Czech Republic - I Found the canopy in a swamp in 15 min ( took me 5 to found the radio in the trunk of the car). Cutaway in BUlgaria over the feels of sunflower almost 2 m high- canopy found in 18 min.
No additional cost for SIM cards or anything. I just press the A/B blue bottom of the walkietalkie and the Acho's device told the coordinates. Friend of mine put the coordinates in goggle maps and we walk to the canopy. AMAZING!!!
Thanks a lot Bro for this device I'll recommended of all my friends in Spain

Hi guys! I got my device from Acho the CC Locator. I am about to install but before that i did some ground testing.

What can I say it simply works. I have my own Chinese VHF radio - 20USD and simply "call" the device. I don't use my phone but a Garmin GPS since for me is easier and it just homes to the location. I like the fact that there is not SIM card which makes it internationally applicable.

Great product!

I haven't used it on an actual cutaway, but we did several fun test jumps dropping just pilot chutes and retrieving them (the part that takes the longest is walking from the road into the middle of a farm field or patch of trees), and taking the tracker on long walks and errand runs and seeing if someone could show you on Google maps where you went (they can!).