bodypilot90

"I'm offended that 'they' are offended!"

Being called a homophobe or anti-choice has nothing to do with the Bible. They are your beliefs regardless of what they are based on, Biblical or not (and there are plenty of non-religious individuals who feel the same way as you do). So Christianity has nothing to do with it.

I disagree. I think that bias against gays is definitively Un-Christian.

Uh, Christians usurped a perfectly good festivity - the Yule - and created a pseudo-holiday to supplant it - Christmas.

Jesus was born in the Spring, closer to the Vernal Equinox than the Winter Solstice.

Most of the traditions that we associate with Christmas come from pre-Christian cultures, and have nothing to do with Christianity at all.

I don't begrudge people celebrating Ramadan or Kwanzaa or whatever they're into. I do get sick to death of having to put up with two months of Christmas-themed dreck every year ("Grandma got run over by a reindeer ?" spare me).

I am indifferent to the "Merry Christmas!" greeting, and find it quaint in the sense of tribal tradition. I am used to the idea that True Believers (tm) of every ilk assume that whatever they do by dint of Blind Faith (not Clapton, Bruce and Baker) is Right, and anyone who finds it annoying is simply in need of The Truth (tm).

I consider religion like genitalia. I think you have every right to hold it dear and feel that it gives your life meaning, but I think you should keep it out of sight and I surely don't want to hear about it.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I consider religion like genitalia. I think you have every right to hold it dear and feel that it gives your life meaning, but I think you should keep it out of sight and I surely don't want to hear about it.

but I have a right not to have to keep it out of sight. Just as I have to put up with the secular humanist.

Being called a homophobe or anti-choice has nothing to do with the Bible. They are your beliefs regardless of what they are based on, Biblical or not (and there are plenty of non-religious individuals who feel the same way as you do). So Christianity has nothing to do with it.

I disagree. I think that bias against gays is definitively Un-Christian.

there is an add on TV lately that has a church with bouncers and a red rope at the door....the tag line is "Jesus didnt discriminate, why do you?"

I cant recall which church it is for but its nice to see at least a few churches really are paying attention to the principles they supposedly revere..... there are some christians i have met who i have a great deal of respect for, men and women who really do live by the faith they publicly profess, they are the ones who seem to have read the Bible for themselves and found the message on their own without the need of a church or a pastor to tell them "what God says"..... but i'd say the majority (of those i've met, and i have met and talked with quite a number of them) are more interested in the exclusionary aspects of religion... the parts that give them reason to believe they are better than others...... the real 'Church Lady'

but I have a right not to have to keep it out of sight. Just as I have to put up with the secular humanist.

Even though the Lord God Almighty has seen fit to provide you with genitals, good taste should be the reason you keep them out of sight. I should hope you similarly cherish your religious beliefs enough to have the good taste to keep them to yourself.

I'm not talking about rights, but good manners.

Blue skies,

Winsor