78RATS

Kobe's a Freak!

Freak or rapist? I personally find his statements to the police very disturbing, not in the least bit funny. I'm glad some of this is starting to come out now, since before the charges were dropped, most of the "leaks" to the media were pretty one sided against the accuser. His statements and the medical report on her injuries make it pretty clear why the DA felt the need to press this case. I think its a shame the charges were dropped before it went to trial.

Well, for one thing, the detectives repeatedly asked him if she gave consent and how he knew she gave consent, and his response was essentially she consented by her behaviour. Second, at some point he had to stop "pumping" (his word) and he admits it was before he was "finished", but he's sort of vague on the details. Also, from the minute the detectives approached him, he was most concerned with his "image". If the interview doesn't make him look/ sound like a rapist, it certainly doesn't make him look like a nice guy, a role model or someone who thinks highly of women. And face it, how dumb and arrogant was he to speak so openly with these detectives AFTER he knew there was a rape accusation out there? There's a reason his attorneys fought so hard to keep the text of this interview from being released.

Then there's the fact that she was injured and bleeding and her blood was on his clothing. A healthy sexually active woman (who was not mensturating) does not bleed from consensual sex.

At one point, I was pretty sure she wasn't telling the whole truth. The stories about different men's semen on her panties didn't exacty make her look good, and neither did the civil lawsuit. But as more of this type of information came out I changed my mind.

...I'm glad some of this is starting to come out now, since before the charges were dropped, most of the "leaks" to the media were pretty one sided against the accuser. His statements and the medical report on her injuries make it pretty clear why the DA felt the need to press this case. I think its a shame the charges were dropped before it went to trial.

....as is so typical. Victims of crime (especially victims of rape) are far too often blamed. I haven't followed this case at all, but I feel for any person who has tried to endure that kind of scrutiny while seeking some sort of justice. It's hard to fault someone for dropping charges in that kind of circumstance.

I don't know if I would have the guts to do any differently.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Yeah, but her story is a little different. And he started off the police interview by blatantly lying.

he is a multi millionaire NBA superstar that is known worldwide...do you think he was perhaps a little nervous about the situation and what it could do to him?

These superstars have it burned into their brain by their agents, team owners, paid consultants, etc...not to do something like this because it will come back to haunt them even if it was consensual. I am sure he was imagining the worst, hence the urge to lie about it.