JohnRich

John Kerry's AK-47

Okay, so maybe it's a "copy" of an AK-47.

If you want to take the position that the only true AK's are those actually manufactured in Russia...

But copies are made in dozens of countries around the world, all of which look and operate identically. I would say that those are still AK's.

Like it or not, AK-47 is Russian made assault rifle. Copies made in other countries are not AK-47's. And they are not identical either. Every copied model for example doesn't use 7.62x39mm ammo.

Even not all Russian made "Kalashnikovs" are AK-47's. They have made modernized versions in Russia too.

This particular nomenclature issue is merely semantics.

And it doesn't change the argument about whether or not John Kerry owns a machinegun.

Chicom Type 56 is an assault rifle ;)

You guys must have springs in your shoes with the way you jump to conclusions.

I very rarely wear shoes at all. :)
-Jeffrey

I knew it...you're Tigger in disguise!!!! :P

True, in that I am a wonderful thing! :)
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Well, well, isn't this interesting...

John Kerry, after previously stating that he owned a Chinese Communist assault weapon (i.e., an AK-47 or copy thereof), now his campaign people are issuing new information to try and retract Kerry's statement.

From the story:
Senator John Kerry's campaign said that he did not own a Chinese assault rifle, as he was quoted as saying in Outdoor Life magazine, but a single-bolt-action military rifle. The campaign said the error was the fault of aides who had filled out the magazine's questionnaire on Kerry's behalf. According to Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the campaign, Kerry owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle. Meehan said the gun had no make or model markings on it and that Kerry "got it from a friend years ago," adding that such rifles first were manufactured in Russia more than 100 years ago and were used by the North Koreans and the Vietcong.
Source: Herald Tribune

So according to this statement, the firearm in question is probably a bolt-action Mosin-Nagant rifle.

Kerry flip-flops once again. Is it a ChiCom assault weapon, or is it a bolt action rifle? Or maybe Kerry and his aides now consider bolt-action rifles to be "assault weapons"? Once again, Kerry is on both sides of the issue, and no one really seems to know what the real truth from John Kerry is...