funks

Fuck the Race Card!

Maybe blacks need to do the same? I mean if I don't hate black people after what they have done and I am sure will do to me....Why should it be OK for a black to hate me for something I never did to them?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are painting with a very broad brush. It is NOT okay and that person that hit you for being white has a problem. Did you call the police? I would have.

I do not hate whites at all but I don't feel 'extraordinary' because I don't. I'm pretty much colorblind but I've seen my children followed around a store while I was not (they are male). That pissed me off to no end and I asked the manager if there was a problem. He decided his English wasn't good enough to tell me what the problem was. I took my business elsewhere. Maybe he has been robbed by young black men before and has his staff on the lookout. Sucks to be them and I don't want to spend time or money in a place that has been hit that many times they suspect everyone.

We did a documentary and interviewed people all over the city on their preparedness by leaving a will. People were pretty receptive and spoke freely.My job was to pre-interview people. Near a black church in Harlem, I tried to pre-interview a man who was dressed vividly (looks good on camera).

The man gave me a lecture I'll NEVER forget about 'associating with certain people' and I should be ashamed of myself for even being out with a white crew. I was shaken to my core. I acutally walked away from this man crying because I had never seen such hatred in a persons face. It hurt me to talk to the guy, I wonder how much it hurt to BE that guy. In any event, I wouldn't want to cross paths with HIM again.

I know there are 'old school' people who cannot forget, but thinking back on this man, I pray that that hatred dies out with them. There is no reason for a 4 y/o child to know the words 'nigger' or 'whitey'. I don't condone this from family NOR friends and thats just the way I like to live. Its NOT okay.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

You are painting with a very broad brush. It is NOT okay and that person that hit you for being white has a problem. Did you call the police? I would have

No, actually I kicked his ass. I may have been a small white boy, but I was a small white boy with a Black Belt and that trained for the Memphis Golden Gloves boxing tourny.

After that I didn't have anymore problems at that school.

Maybe he has been robbed by young black men before and has his staff on the lookout. Sucks to be them and I don't want to spend time or money in a place that has been hit that many times they suspect everyone.

If you owned a store and a certain profile of a person was stealing from you...what would you do?

The man gave me a lecture I'll NEVER forget about 'associating with certain people' and I should be ashamed of myself for even being out with a white crew. I was shaken to my core. I acutally walked away from this man crying because I had never seen such hatred in a persons face. It hurt me to talk to the guy, I wonder how much it hurt to BE that guy. In any event, I wouldn't want to cross paths with HIM again.

Yes, racism comes from BOTH sides. People are not born racist..They are RASIED. It's a shame.

I know there are 'old school' people who cannot forget, but thinking back on this man, I pray that that hatred dies out with them

It will....but you or I will not be alive to see it.

There is no reason for a 4 y/o child to know the words 'nigger' or 'whitey'. I don't condone this from family NOR friends and thats just the way I like to live.

Well even though I really don't understand getting that upset over a word....The first step is to raise your children in that manner. The problem is that while you may try to raise your children not to use 'nigger' or 'whitey'...Other parents WILL teach their kids those words. And it is socially acceptable for a black kid to call another black kid a 'nigger'.

Its a shame...it's just a word, but it creates a great divide.

Racism is not about color...Racism happens white on black, black on white, and every other possible combination.

There will always be racism as long as there are stupid people.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334