Frenchy68

"Throw the Jew down the well..."

Though I couldn't find a link to the song (if it was in fact on that site), I wanted to make sure you realize that that song was satire. It was a spoof. It was making fun of "rednecks" for being racist and bigotted.

(one must read that and wonder why it's ok to stereotype rednecks as being racist and bigotted).
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

It was a spoof***
You must be shitting me! Next thing I know, someone will tell me that this guy is not really Borat!!!;)
Of course it is satire.
And I am not quite 100% sure that only "red necks" would fall for it. I think that a lot of "regular" people, if coached properly (which is what Cohen did in a masterful way), would play follow the leader. Human beings can act like sheeps sometimes...[:/]

PS: the site has a self-loading video of his performance. No need to find a link.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

(one must read that and wonder why it's ok to stereotype rednecks as being racist and bigotted).

Because they are? Down here we call people rednecks if they are racist and bigotted... Not because they like country music and wear a hat...
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Sacha Cohenis a brilliant comedian, and a brilliant wind-up merchant.

Among his previous coups was telephoning the Prime Minister pretending to be the leader of the opposition (or was it the other way around?). He also got several celebrities to do PRO drugs adverts!!!

Anyway, he's very subtle, and has often led politicians and celebrities into a complete mire of embarrassment.

I'd suggest that he could have successfully pulled that stunt ANYWHERE! WHen he does these "cons" he's very convincing. He'd probably spent at least a day at the bar "in character" as a reporter, with the TV crew and all, being friendly, before pulling the song stunt.

Therefore, you didn't see a bar full of anti-semites, you saw a bar full of people slightly drunk, somewhat shocked, but trying to be hospitable to the foreign reporter anyway.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.