Darius11

Ok I am mad if this is true.

I was talking to my co-worker and he was telling me how our reserve is not entitled to get health benefits.
I know I had heard something about that but I guess I didn’t want to believe it.

Is this true? If it is. It is one of the most fucked up things I have heard. These Kids leave their families, their kids, their lives, and then come back home and get a fuck you. That’s bullshit.

Why is the government not doing anything about it?

I can’t believe there isn’t more of an outrage, or more media coverage.

again i am not sure if this is true does any one know for sure?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

They get health insurance once in active duty. FYI Dental is option is available upon enrollment for a small monthly fee.

Edited to add: Dental is included in the benefits also once in active duty.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

My understanding -

- They have 100% coverage while on AD to include dental

- Once off AD and have a service connected medical problem, the Veteran's Administration will cover them relative to service connected issues.

Having been an AD career soldier, my understanding of the above is rather limited.

I was talking to my co-worker and he was telling me how our reserve is not entitled to get health benefits.
I know I had heard something about that but I guess I didn’t want to believe it.

It's a part time job. Why would they get benefits? Most part time work doesn't offer benefits.

If they get called to active duty (i.e. go full time), they get pretty much the same health and other benefits that regular active duty soldiers do.

It sounds to me like your friend is twisting things a bit to wind you up.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

If you get hurt while on active duty then it would be taken care of by the veterans administration, provided that the medical condition arose while on active duty.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon