gimpboogie

Paralyzed and progressing towards solo sky diving -info on what were doing

I did a jump with my friend Eric who came up and made a 2 camera helmet the night before (from stuff I had at home ready to sell but now decided to keep for other projects since we made it into a decent 2 camera helmet overnight).

Eric tested out the stratocloud for me before i was going to jump it (it sat in a basement for 10 yrs without a jump on it, i thought it was a good idea -sometimes it happens).

He jumped with me, and my stragedy was very different on this exit then in skydiving typically.
I do not leave facing the relative wind, rather do my regular B.A.S.E. exit. This seems to work much better for me, except for the almost accidentally hitting Eric in the face-we were close ;).\

Fun times, Eric is a special friend, and our jumping relationship is real tight, we do a lot of stuff thats important together.
So this jump video is perhaps one of my favorites, and will stand out long in my mind-the day, the fun we had, the night before, building, talking... good times all around.

Thanks Eric!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeaeKoI9jYI

To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Great video !!
Cant believe how much your flying has come on!
You rock girl B|

thanks.
that's nice of yah to notice ive workedhard over the year ....

but more importantly,now i get to jump with greater confidence- that was taken before the 1 hour in the tunnel, where i learned other stuff...
but

this was just a boring, in your face stable short FF,
the videos of the other jumps,
trying to sit, and other things...
well they may not end up on you tube,
in my channel.

:ph34r:
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

definitely is.

and typically as a helmet it sucks.

its large, it does not seal at the visor to helmet junction,

and Velcro keeping it on my head comes off.. sometimes in the wind tunnel, at which point, your trying to hold on to your helmet with one hand, fly to the door with the other, while trying to get the catcher to figure out what the heck your trying to do, 36 seconds into your 2 min.

but it hasn't happened, since, either in tunnel or in skies.

(it was not a fun 1 min. trying to hold to my helmet for life's sake... had it gone tumbling to the tunnel like a rock in a blender, i don't think i would of been too popular.

that helmet is otherwise a perfectly good helmet.

the lack of a seal, actually allows for some air flow, which keeps things from fogging up.
even under canopy, you can fly to the ground without ever taking it off.

its got a strong snap holding some riggers webbing to the shield and the bottom of chin, to keep the visor in place-that has never failed, and if it does, i loose a useless visor...
so to me it was worth the 26 dollars shipping.

now, on the positive note about the velcro incident,'
'
i had mistakenly put the drawstring too high when i tightened it, and it became fairly loose quickly in the tunnel, would of made me deploy immediately, or accept the liability of where its going to land when i loose it,.. [:/]
hope its a cow not the lady down the street with the horse field i landed on once last summer.

i get to land where ever i feel like having a go look around... now that the obligatory beer is over with...wonder if they would think it was a demo if i landed in the subdivision soccer field down the street?
(probably-take all the fun out of it, it feels like at times, and then your in FF, and you realize for that second, you give yourself the time to allow your mind to wander,
you think...wow, THIS IS LIVING, this is what I PUT UP WITH the rest of the time, to GET THIS.

and it doesn't feel anything other then
'just right'
at that moment, and then the skydive continues, in sequence.

that helmet now is surely put on properly,and i duct tape the velcro when i go in the tunnel.

which i am going for another hour, soon.

2 hours in less then3 months, that is an accomplishment.

and it shows in my flying.

in tunnel, i am now stable enough in belly that i have chosen to take on the free fall progression they do at the tunnel.

back flying is next i believe.

what a difference that one thing can be in my life,

a helmet, not of any use for snother,
was so useful to me.

turned me into a tunnel rat, as much as myself and the sponsors can afford.