sky-bmw

paraplegic skydiving

Nice one Brad! I just went in to see if I could get some info for you and saw that you posted already. Looks like you may have a couple good leads. best of luck buddy and hope it works out. I will do my best to try and get some info for you. See ya soon maybe! Hopefully sunday!

Pete

That would depend on how bad you want it. I took out L-1 in 1991 w/ smashing my spinalcoard up to 70%. I can walk but not much. cant feel my feet or legs. But i had 8000 jumps when i got banged up. and 9 years off from skydiving till i started agion. now i have over 12000 jumps and a AFF/I. So it well depends on how much you can put in to it. it wont be EZ. and you well need someone to help you to learn how to fly. but it can be done. good luck. if you have questions feel free to contact me.

My name is Angus Smith and I am a tandem skydiving instructor in Toronto Canada.

I have approx 6000 skydives (27 years) and 1700 tandem instructor jumps (16 years). I have done approx. 20 tandems with persons of various disabilities (paraplegic, quad., MS, MD, blind, etc....).

Recently I started tandem progresion jumps with Minna Mettinen, who requires the use of a wheel chair. She is ABSOLUTELY determined to be able to skydive on her own, and I have committed myself to help her get there. We are planning to do some tunnel training in April or May before moving onto AFF jumps.

This is why I am writing to you for assistance. Are you able to provide information that would help us?

I hope to hear back from you with whatever assistance you can offer?

Blues Skies,

Angus

He has not logged onto dz.com in several months; but he jumps at Xenia in Ohio. You can probably contact him there, and I'll bet he'll be really helpful.

I'm sure you know, but Minna has posted here a number of times... Yes, she is determined, and good for her.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My name is Angus Smith and I am a tandem skydiving instructor in Toronto Canada.

I have approx 6000 skydives (27 years) and 1700 tandem instructor jumps (16 years). I have done approx. 20 tandems with persons of various disabilities (paraplegic, quad., MS, MD, blind, etc....).

Recently I started tandem progresion jumps with Minna Mettinen, who requires the use of a wheel chair. She is ABSOLUTELY determined to be able to skydive on her own, and I have committed myself to help

her get there. We are planning to do some tunnel training in April or May before moving onto AFF jumps.

This is why I am writing to you for assistance. Are you able to provide information that would help us?

I hope to hear back from you with whatever assistance you can offer?

Blues Skies,

Angus

Angus and i just finished our harness hanging with my new pants (which I think I posted pics in my thread)

Once that video is edited I will give the details of our experiement, what worked what needs to be changed in those pants (a few adjustments are certainly necessary) but over all we are now very ready
to go to the tunnel and start flying,
20 more days! yah!
an hour a day... for a long time :ph34r:
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works