DroptheMan04

help my deaf friend!

I'm new around here and I have friend who is deaf and he want to have training and I'm wondering if there's available training for my deaf friend at ASC, Atlanta Skydiving Center in Cedartown.... I want to know, how to do instruct landing during training for deaf? I knew there's always other way...[:/]

Yes there are some deaf jumpers in the area around Atlanta. At least one of them posts on here occasionally. Maybe they will chime in with tips on a deaf friendly DZ in the area. Meanwhile check out this thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1886809;search_string=deaf%20aff;#1886809
It has some tips on landing for deaf AFF students.

I'm a Deaf Skydiver myself, and I'm just across the state line in Alabama. I have gotten requests quite a few times from DZ's in the Atlanta area to come help or advise them with deaf students.

If your deaf friend would consider going to Skydive The Farm in Cedartown instead of Atlanta Skydiving Center, I could be compelled to come out and help. I won't jump at ASC, but I will jump The Farm. You won't be disappointed with the place.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban