hackish

Juki 185x center start cams?

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Juki 1850 series of machine with cams to do a center start 42 stitch tack? I have not found a way to get the wife to sign my permission slip to buy a 1900AHS or a B430E so a mechanical tacker seems to be the next best thing.

-Michael

Hi hackish,

a mechanical tacker

Last year, based upon a recommendation from Al MacDonald ( a Canadian ), I bought a Pfaff 3334, rebuilt, 42 stitch, ctr start-stop from:

Herb Jaffe
40-11 Skillman Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11104
1-800-338-1956
[email protected]

I would not recommend using email to contact him; he does seem to check it very often.

He usually comes into the business around 10 AM & leaves around 3 PM. But, he is in your time-zone so that will help.

It is a great machine & I got it for $1300 ( USD ) delivered, head only.

Herb is in his 80's so speak slowly & very clearly.

I would do business with him again without hesitation.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) If you want photos, drop me an email at:

jerrybaumchen(at)gmail(dot)com

or contact Al.

PPS) I think this is the bar-tacker discussed in The Parachute Riggers Handbook.

Hmmm. $200 machine. $400 in parts, $450 for cams. All that time. Or buy and fix the tacker and sell it. A 42 stitch end start/stop isn't entirely useless. This one is designed for 1" tacks. Any ideas how involved it is to adjust the width/length on a mechanical machine?

Every time I think about a mechanical tacker it seems to come back to the same answer. Buy an electronic one.

-Michael