riggerpleasellc

Tell the difference between Icarus canopy Spain vs. NZ

This is from their support center in IL. Thanks Meredith Ottery!
I don't know about manufacturing differences and am not here to discuss but am selling a canopy right now and wanted to help others if they were not sure how to identify what Safire they had and where it was made.

"Generally, canopies built in Spain have 8 digits in the SN. NZA will have 5 or 6 digits. Back in the day, there were some 4 digit SNs, produced by both, so we would have to look those up on a case by case basis."

Hope this helps Rigger Please OUT!!!
Chuck Marshall
Owner & Operator
Rigger Please LLC
Parachute rigging with a passion!

Or did Precision Aerodynamics, now precision Aero (interesting story about the name change), make it?

I really wish someone would write a guide to Icarus/Daedalus Project/Precision Aerodynamics/FX/Xaos, etc. canopies. It is confusing. Who built it? Who makes line sets? Who issues SB's? Who fixes SB's?

Derek V

Precision is a whole different ball of wax.

But if you need clarification on a serial number or manufacturer, give the service center a call. We are more than happy to help you out.

Thank you for the offer. I would rather Icarus publish a guide to their canopies instead of calling every time I need information about a canopy.

Derek V

Let's keep it simple.

2009 NZA label : handwritten. NZ Aerosports in the bottom right

Precision manufactured canopy : PRECISION stamp in the bottom left block.

Icarus, non-Precision - Icarus canopies and a non-Precision inspection stamp in the bottom left hand block, a lot of times an E, or an I5 with a round canopy stamp