Deleted

NOT WHICH IS BETTER...

This is not to ascertain which DZ you think is better/best, but to remember some of your most FUN times.
Where in your career do you remember a particular fond memory/jump/boogie, and what and where was it?
For me, New years boogie 2001 in Wanaka, New Zealand. 5 straight days of jumping, beautiful scenery and good times. All of the people I started jumping with AND a few new ones (Got to do a jump with a NZ diving legend! A huge thrill for me at my status then). Several AWESOME dives. Pulled the most pins (so far) during that boogie. Late nights filled with libations and OTHER! Heaps of memories, better than the tee shirt I took away.
I was on the first load of the boogie and the last! Ahh, what a memory. On the rainy days, that is what I remember.
YOU?

For me, New years boogie 2001 in Wanaka, New Zealand.

MMMMMMM, how was it? I wish I could have been there, some friends went but I couldn't swing the cost. Maybe next year. We had fun anyways though at our DZ on New Years so it all turned out okay I guess. GLAD YOU HAD FUN!
Oh, to reply to your question though, it would have to be my first weekend off AFF status. I did 6 jumps on that Saturday and they were my favorite 6 jumps to date b/c everyone was so nice and eager to teach me cool things and it was great since the 3 months I spent getting through AFF (trying to buy gear and course costs, I did 2 levels a month) I didn't know a single person there since I came during the week when no-one was there and it was just me and my JM in the plane so it was sooooo nice and by far my most memorable experience to finally make some friends who now I consider, *my family*:)Oh, except Joe....Joe was the only person I knew when I was going through my AFF. I LOVE YOU JOE! Hope to fly with you soon! BZ and I will be waiting for ya.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

If I had to pick one jump, it would be an eight way demo over Morro Bay, Ca. Perfect weather, beautiful blue ocean, tiny boats in the bay, good friends in the air, a great landing followed by a low pass by the King Air, a boat ride across the bay and free beer. Oh... pics and video by Tom Sanders. Second would be a three point 30way with Steve Fielding a couple years ago.
Party would be many... if I had to pick one it would be Gregg-burgers on Wed. evenings during the summer. We'd all show up as soon as we got off work, turn 4 or 5 loads, then kick it around the bbq while Gregg cooked the best burgers I've ever had. That or any night that Al narrated a Lancaster Bomber reenactment...
Sorry, got a little nostalgic there...
pull and flare,
lisa

PLFXpert...you had mates go to the WANAKA boogie? If so, who were they?
There was only one true yank there, curious if you know him!
There are several DZ in NZ and am surprised you know someone who went to WANAKA...cause there were only AT MOST 25 people there. I knew 20 of them.
Arohanui,
NZPF A-2584

Where do I start? From my first boogie? OK, I'll always remember it. Sept 96. Caravan Memorial Boogie, JUmpin out of the Casa for the first time with a bunch of freinds that I graduated from AFF with. Best feelin in the world! That boogie there is probably one of the ones that kept me jumping! All we were doin was two ways and stuff all weekend, nothin fancy. Too bad there is only ONE guy whom I graduated AFF with, or around the same time as, that still jumps. That kicked ass though!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

That's a tough one. All my jumps are memorable and fun. If I had to pick, I'd say the first time I really got a sit, and it finally clicked in my head. Of course, as soon as I realized I had it I got really excited and forgot to keep flying so I lost it and ended up in a fast spin. I was just laughing my ass off (while checking my altimeter to make sure I had time to play with the spin).

you had mates go to the WANAKA boogie? If so, who were they?
There was only one true yank there, curious if you know him!

I'm not sure which DZ they went to but it was a friend named Jeff Guy. He went on a surfing trip with some whuffo surf buddies of ours and said he was going to a New Years Boogie. A few of us at the DZ had planned on going for a few months but when the time came, couldn't swing the cost. Did you meet an older man named Jeff Guy???
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/
PS. I didn't know there was more than one DZ in New Zealand. There is one DZ there that Jeff is friends with the owner he said so that's the one he went to but I thought there was only one. Sorry for the confusion but maybe it was the same one if you met him:)