Albatross

Sunless in California

I am starting to go nuts sitting at home, in the lab, on the ground. I think that I pissed off the weatherman by saying that they don't know shit. I have only been able to get in 2 jumps since the begining of February and one was a hop n pop. I thought that was why I lived in Los Angeles: delt with the traffic, the smog, and shallow people. I thought it was all for sun. It has rained here like every weekend for ever.
Sorry just needed to vent!
Blue skys
Albatross

Ignore the weatherman. Last weekend I thought the weather would suck but we wound up jumping all day (before 8:00 to sunset) on Sat. and until 5:00 on Sun. with a minimum of 10,000 and usually full altitude. This was at Elsinore, about the same weather as perris, right?

sorry about the shitty weather in the "Golden state" Normally we would be getting our wetsuits replaced about now up here in Washington, but this has been one one decent winter. I'm wierded out about you guys getting all our rain and us getting an earthquake here! Party till ya puke, boogie till ya bounce :)

Gee, Albatross, if ya came hundreds and hundreds of miles north, you'd end up in Beautiful BC... we've had (in Victoria) the second DRIEST winter in recorded history... the sun just won't stop shining!!! Trouble is, we go into level 3 water restrictions next week - usually that isn't 'till August - if at all! At least us skydivers are happy...

Hay Frank,,
Don't ya just love hearin folks in Cali whine about the rain,, we set a record here in Spokane for the # a days with snow on the ground, measured at the airport of more than an inch, we went like 118 days,, but with all that the snow pack in the mountains ain't squat and they are already worried 'bout the Summer drought they're predicting,, since we let all our water outta the lakes so them folks in Cali can turn on there computers!! but what sucks is the lack of sunshine,, we've had very few "Sunny" days since like Halloween,, but Spring is coming and El Sol is warming shit up,, looks like we'll get ta jump tommorow!! Waaa Hoooo!!

Ya, Billy - the wx is a strange animal... forecast for today was warm and sunny, and it started out like that, but then it got real windy and bloody cold... I hope tomorrow's better, 'cause I plan on goin' up a couple of times... I sure hope those Californian Utilities pay us for all of our power they have been using! We just got a $200 rebate on our electric bill! So you have a snowpack, huh? 2 summers back there was meag snow in all our mountains right thru 'till the following winter (very cool views from altitude) - now the snowpack is about 50% below average! We're not even gonna fill the kidde pool this summer (I'm on a well)... Ya ever heard the Blind Melon song "No Rain"? That's how I feel these days..

We all got to jump today at Elsinore. I know they got in some jumps at Perris for the SWSL.....Sure there were a couple of weather holds but the holes opened up! I even got some backwards flying on my last jump. Guess I had a few line twists.
BTW, JKA..... It did not rain so you know what that means....... you lose our bet! I think I want something kinky this time... :$