cyberskydive

Tips for adding your own pics.

I've noticed alot of you have added your pics but some are distorted die to the size of them, so here is how to fix them.
First open your picture up in an image editing program, if you dont have one, I suggest that you visit http://www.jasc.com and download the free trial of Paint Shop Pro. It will run for 60 days even though it says 30 and if you ever decide to buy it its usually less than 100 bucks.
Once you have your picture open in a suitable program, what you want to do next is to crop your image. The goal you are trying to achieve is to crop it in such a way that when you resize it to width:65 height:75 you do not have any distortion. In most programs you can do this by having the program constrain the images height and width to maintain the proportins at a smaller size. You will have to play with the crop tool quite a bit to get use to it, and it may take you to a few tries to get to where it will resize properly wiothout any distortion, but otherwise, have at it!
When you go to save your image, your best choice would be to use the jpg file format. Sangiro has placed a 100k file size limit on user photos which is VERY generous. The jpg file format should keep a 65 x 75 picture well below the hard deck without loss of image quality. For example, all the pics I have done for people so far have turned out great! With an average file size of about 2k -LOL
Other than that have fun! Play around, add some borders and effects, just remember to keep the file size small and the height and width proportions correct!
Alternatively you can send your pics to me, and I will size them for you and send them back as soon as I can- feel free!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com