Deleted

SLIDER STOWING

Probably caused by Caps Lock, you might want to get rid of that nasty little problem...
Just kidding, actually you might want to try posting this under the 'Gear and Rigging' forum, there are some really knowledgeable guys posting there who have given me quality advice in the past.
Now stop shouting at us!
:)/s

I guess the secret is making sure that the strings have been pulled all the way until the barb locks it into place. Experiment with it before you pack it to make sure you know what it looks like collapsed, then make sure it is properly configured to pack again.

Hi there,
Define "Stowing the slider"? Step #1 is to collapse the slider, commonly using a built-in drawstring or wrapping your gof=ggles around it. step #2 is to stow it by pulling it down over the (type 17) risers so it sits behind your neck. some folk have a velcro "slider stow" sewn onto the back of the neck of their jumpsuits.
That said, pre "A" License (& on student kit) I'd expect you to just leave the slider inflated at the connector links?
Mike D10270.

When you say you're stowing it, you mean it's a collapsable slider and you're collapsing it? I know there are a couple of different types. The most common type has 1 or 2 lines running through the slider. When you pull on the lines, they come out of the slider until it reaches a turn-back sewn into the lines. That's what keeps the slider stowed, so if you're not pulling the lines through far enough it may come unstowed. The other type involves wrapping velcro around the slider to keep it collapsed. I've never jumped one of those, but I imagine the velcro wears out on it like everything else, so that could make it come unstowed.
I would say the best bet is to have a JM/rigger take a look at it on the ground. The you can show them what you're doing and they can figure out why it's coming unstowed.

If this is Anonymous Chris from another post... then he probably is jumping a canopy that has a collapsible slider - Skydive Chicago puts at least some of their students on Safires. Personally I'd recommend not even messing with the slider right now like Mike said, but you should do whatever your instructors have told you to do, Chris.
For me the secret was pulling both lines at the same time and making sure that the little piece of line that "locks" the slider collapsed was all the way outside the slider before I let the lines go. Don't try to do it really fast and remember to make sure you have clear air around you before you start!
pull and flare,
lisa

thank you to all of the ppl that responded and i will try ur tips this weekend when i finish up the 6 afp jumps i have b4 graduation ( hell yeah ) and i do jump a saphire at sdc and i guess i mean a colapsable slider. thanks again
chris ( i still need to register )