SpeedRacer

Whuffos in the Mist

Most of my friends here in the area where I live are whuffos. For a year now they have been listening to me jabber on about skydiving...April 1 is actually the anniversary but I was going on about it well before the tandem! haha They are pretty cool about it, most of them will listen to my stories, and even ask questions. They watch the videos with me over and over again. I am big partier (duh - didn't need to tell you that, huh?) anyway, I love to throw big parties at my house after the bar closes...and it never fails, the attendees always end up watching Good Stuff and Chronicle III...if they are still agreeable I will pop in my videos of me, but by this time, all the guys three times my size have tried on my rig (geeks!!that is freakin' hilarious to watch, too) and are so drunk they are slobbering on it, so I put it all away where it is safe...
All my other friends are you guys and people at dropzones all over. When I go to Dallas I have a nice fat selection of jumper friends to hang out with! :D
blue ones,
sis

I'm bumping this subject back up top and putting it back on topic. Why? Because I love dumb whuffo stories, that's why. Come on, there have to be some more good ones out there about talking to them. :)
My first jump was two days before the fall semester started in 1999. I remember the prof in one of my courses had us do a general introduction by having us say something cool about ourselves. When it got to me, I said my name and that, "I started skydiving yesterday." He just gave me a goofy look and said, "Started? Does that mean you're going to do it more than once?"
I wanted to scream, "How could I not?!?"
Dan