propblast

AFF ? for all

I know that everyones expierence is different and I also realize that safety and the learning curve shouldnt be rushed. Ive seen people post questions on going places to do AFF. What are the opinions out there as to how fast an AFF course can be done for a person to get licensed?
-e

In an ideal world, with ideal weather, and perfect jumps you could probably finish AFF in 3 days. In reality though this almost never happens. AFF students need to wait for instructors, instruction time, and almost perfect weather. A more realistic expectation might be 2 weeks to one month if you're really determined.

I've been doing reading on a lot of diff DZ's around the world and some places offer complete packages (includes AFF,20 jumps,and "A" lic testing fees). SO I would say depending on how fast you learn, whether or not the dz is open all wk , and weather permitting it would be possible to get licenced in with in a week or two!!! Any one else?
jason

I completed my AFF (10 jump course) in 3 days. I pitched a tent at the DZ last 4th of July week and jumped every opportunity I could get. Its a great way to immerse yourself in skydiving. You learn just as much on the ground as you do in the sky. I would recommend that if you are going to take the course, thats how you do it.
"I'll jump anything!"

I did a 7 level AFF course and I'd say you could pound it out in 2 days if you have good weather and pass every level the first time. My suggestion would be to go during the week when the DZ is less crowded and you're not fighting for instructors/aircraft. As for the rest of the jumps to get A liscense qualified, you could probably do them in 2 days if you were really motivated, were using rental gear (I assume you will be) and have a packer (I assume this too). You might want to let the DZ know you are on a time constraint when you call to schedule. Good luck.
-T1
C-30757

propblast,
i started ground school on march 4th. just did my second solo. gotta repeat that one. i wanted to post here to tell you something else though. I wanted to jump right into it. get everything done in a few days. but with the weather and all that didnt happen. But im glad that it didnt. I go out to the dz at least 3 times a week. sometimes 4 or 5. Even if the weathers not good, or the winds are high i still head out. Take wensday for example. Was out there and spent about 1 1/2 hours just going thru my next jump. Even stood in the mock doorway in the classroom and went thru the ride to alti. You know, goign thru the jump over and over again. WEnt thru the jump.. when it came time to pull i went over to the practice area where youre under canopy. went thru that. then got in the harness and practiced cutting away. I also like to spend time watching landings. practice my packing. My point being, i feel like im learnign a hell of a lot more by not jumping every time im out there. So that when i do jump i feel more secure in my emergency procedures, landing patern...etc etc. just my .02 cents
froggie