skymama

Do you wash your jumpsuit?

WARNING!!!!
I know of SEVERAL cases where an unsuspecting skydiver has washed their jumpsuit, only to end up with a shocking 80's pastel result!
For instance, my DZO dyed his pastel minty green (from white) on allegedly a cold wash. And my skybeeetch jumping team mate sadly now has baby blue grips - where once they too, where white!
I always wash mine in cold cold water....and (a sad housewifey tip) - if you have a white jumpsuit, stick some Nappy San in with it and you'll come up whiter than white :)Laters Skywhores....
SB ;)

In response to: I know of SEVERAL cases where an unsuspecting skydiver has washed their jumpsuit, only to end up with a shocking 80's pastel result!
That is CORRECT, that is CORRECT! LOL! I washed one of my Pit Specials one time; that one was black with orange and blue grippers. The orange faded to pink, because I, as a typical single guy back then, had no sense of how much bleach or detergent to put in the washer. Anyway, the orange came out PINK as hell. "OH HELL NO", I said, and proceded to color the pink with a nice broad-tipped yellow highlighter until they were nice and orange again. You get it: yellow+pink= orange; catastrophe averted. Lucky, huh? Didn't look bad either.
Chuck

Here is the proper way to wash a jump suit.
You wear loose fitting shorts underneath, put a couple of handfulls of laundry soap in the pockets and then make an intentional water jump. Thats why you need one for your license;)the swoopers get to wash theirs a little more often then the rest of us.:o
Some fun eh!