Joolee

Anyone want to chat?

I just thought it would be interesting to chat to some jumpers around the world. You can tell me how great the weather is where you are and I can tell you how I managed one jump at the weekend through a gap in Scottish cloud! Have any of you jumped at Strathallan, or were at the boogie in Empuriabrava at Christmas? Would be interested in hearing from you.

Have any of you jumped at Strathallan

Hi Joolee
I live (and jump) in Canada, though I am originally from
Aberdeen.
Last September I was over visiting relatives and decided to
go to Strathallan for a jump.
Went there and they checked my logs and licence and gave me a student rig to jump.
Five and a half hours later there was finally a hole in the clouds big enough for us to go to altitude.
9 of us got in the Islander. Man o man is that a noisy airplane. 4 two ways then yours truly.. I exit get stable
after the prop wash hits and look down..no hole nothing but clouds..see my shadow on the cloud watch it coming up at me all the way till pull time.. cool!! blow through the cloud
as I pull. See the river.. where is the airport. Couple of 360 turns finally see the other canopies and head in the right direction...didnt make it landed in a sheep pasture.
Went to Eloy for Xmas, jumped there and at Coolidge had a blast....and a swim in the pool...did my 100th there.
174fps