Joolee

Hello!

Hi...
I can't believe that I have an exam on Saturday afternoon! I have been trying to drag myself away to revise but the bitterness I feel about losing one out of two jumping days this week is to much. I've been comforting myself by hanging around the forum. Can anyone tell me something to cheer me up a bit?
Thanks,
Joolee :(

Hi BenW,

I've got an exam on the Greek historian Erogenous....urrr I mean Herodotus and I've done no revision so far. :D I just fancy going home and putting my feet up. I spent all day yesterday hacking off the bottoms of jeans/combats I don't wear normally so i can wear them for jumping in summer...My problem is that I lack motivation - got any going spare?
Joolee Poolee

How about this:
There's a world population of what, 6 billion or something? How many serious skydivers are there out of that lot? Can't be more than 1/2 a million. That means that there are 5,999,500,000 people that don't even know what they're missing - we're the lucky few who've experienced what it really means to live.
When I think back to before I skydived and I look at my life now I wonder how I survived the tedium, my quality of life is immeasurably better now than a couple of years ago.
We all have this incredible thing in our lives that makes the good times just so amazingly good and the bad times bearable.
And if that didn't help, f*** the exam, find a skydiving doctor at the DZ who'll write you a letter saying you got scurvy or something and go jump out of some planes! ;)
Gus

Hi Gus,
I don't know how long you have been jumping, but I've only been jumping for two years and I don't know what I used to do at weekends before - get depressed I think. I do appreciate what a great thing I have in my life but sometimes when there's no sunshine outside, or no-one to talk to about jumping, reality hits home a little.
On a positive note - I can look around this depressing 60's library at a bunch of people who can't say..."f**k work i'm going jumping...hee hee hee:)Joolee Woolie Doolie

There's a world population of what, 6 billion or something? How many serious skydivers are there out of that lot? Can't be more than 1/2 a million. That means that there are 5,999,500,000 people that don't even know what they're missing - we're the lucky few who've experienced what it really means to live.
When I think back to before I skydived and I look at my life now I wonder how I survived the tedium, my quality of life is immeasurably better now than a couple of years ago. We all have this incredible thing in our lives that makes the good times just so amazingly good and the bad times bearable.

Ya know, I was thinking along those exact same lines this morning. All day yesterday I was moping around, feeling very sorry for myself because I waited all winter to jump and then injured my knee April 1st and haven't been able to jump at all yet this season. I had been hoping to be jumping again in about a month or so but now there is a chance I may need surgery and that could mean I'm out for this season. Needless to say, I felt like it was the end of the world. I was ready to just give up. But then I was reading some "Chicken Soup" stories on overcoming adversity and started feeling more optimistic. I'm going to work my butt off to get this knee better to avoid surgery, if possible and if not, I will be back up in the air just as soon as I can afterwards. Either way I started feeling so damn lucky to be one of the few people in this world to have experienced what it's like to jump out of a plane and to find out how fun it is to play up in the sky high above this earth of ours. As my FJC instructor says, "More fun than human beings were meant to have!" I couldn't agree more. So hang in there Joolee and before you know it exams will be over and you will be playing in sky!
Blue ones,
Donna

ben,
just when i though you guys had forgot about the wingfairy ya bring em back!!!! now they think wingfairy is a real person........ and foir weekend? nope you have us awau for 3 days!!! 4 if you count my driving time to and from texel.....and you throw us out of a the plane???, i think not, your gona have to rush to beat us out the door if your lucky.....

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

JOOLEEEEE!!!!
AAARGHHH!!! Exams. Suck. Arse. Can't believe you have one on Saturday! What kind of inhumane, oppressive bastard course are you on? I hope it's worth it mate!
On a positive note...(sort of)...if Scotland's anything like England it's pissing it down now anyway. And freezing. Huh. So much for summer! So maybe it'll rain on Saturday and you won't miss anything anyway?!
I used to do ANYTHING to dodge work...tidy my room, arrange my sock drawer....bake a CAKE! (not even THAT sort of cake..hehe)...And then one happy day, it's all over....and you can chuck away those books and smile smugly in the knowledge that you are free to SKYDIVE YOUR TITS OFF all summer! At least, I hope that's what you'll be able to do!
Gus makes a good point, once again highligting the superior quality of life skydivers have...IMAGINE not knowing what it felt like to skydive? Ahh, just thinking about it gets me all excited again (am I a mentallist? Is it just me?) In fact, on the drive up to the DZ, I start getting a tingling feeling....man!
I love talking to other skydivers just about how F**KING FANTASTIC skydiving is! When you get people off the 'Hmm, 6 point 4-way...meeker...zipper...blah blah' convo and get down to the basics of what we do, everyone does it because it's simply the best thing they've ever done.
Wow, we surely are the chosen people!
Hope Saturday goes ok, don't worry, there are lots of days left in your life to jump (and you probably owe it to yourself to pull a sickie, n'est-ce pas?) ;)
Emma

***********the knowledge that you are free to SKYDIVE YOUR TITS OFF all summer! At least, I hope that's what you'll be able to do!***********************
does that mean a nakie jump????????? ..........good luck on the exam!!!!!!!!!! i'll drink a beer to your good grades and great skydive after the exam!!!!!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Hehe...nakie jumps....We keep on talkin' bout it but when I get to the DZ...hmm, the concept becomes strangely less appealing...
Instead, we're thinking about sorting out a BRA JUMP for Breast Cancer Awareness...sponsored by Playtex, which is cool. I'm intending to ask them for a Wonderbra...as solid as possible, I've seen what freefall does to your tits!
Will keep you posted as to the date, no doubt there could be some press coverage (yikes!), 10 chicks skydiving in their bras....Time for a full-face helmet methinks ;)
emma

I like the idea of a buff jump/underwear jump as well...think I might be up for it except I'd be the only girly at my DZ to do it! Don't like the idea of standing in manifest getting checked out though (...I get enough cheeky comments with my clothes on!):)Joolee

Joolee! Are you the ONLY GIRL at your DZ? (Cool! Bet you get a lot of 'help' with your jumps eh? ;))
Or the only girl who'd do a nudie jump? We have several female takers here (and also several camera men offering to video it...not too sure bout that!)
You don't stand in manifest with yer tits oot though, you wear (some) clothes or a sheet or something and remove it on the plane...and then when you land, hey presto! You canopy doubles as a cunning concealment device! Just land AWAY from the hangars!
Send us the pics!
Em

Emma,
I'm not the ONLY girl at the DZ...just the only one who would do a buff jump I think. :D
The main thing to put me off I think is the prospect of being perved over...oh and landing off Argh...:o Maybe one day though...on a hot sunny day - my birthday's in mid-August...could do it then.
Would like to do a jump in fancy dress as well...that could be a laugh without the embarssment.
Joolee