sangiro

The Dropzone Pub is up!

Heya all,
The Dropzone Pub is up! The success of this joynt largely depends on how much good to rather worthless information, stories and photos you can bombard me with! ;)
I'm looking for a pub-master, bar man or lady! Someone with HTML skills who knows how to manipulate a few images and know his/her way around a computer, to take over the management and building of the pub. It could also be a team of people. Some could be hunting for content while someone else is manning the bar. Drop me an email if this is you and you'll be able to commit some of your time for a few months at least. Most of what you see on the page has been automated and it should not take much effort to maintain. (Setting it up is always the hardest part) It could be loads of fun and I'll be at the table in the corner, ready to help!
As always, I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions. Enjoy! :)Safe swoops
Sangiro

Changed my mind! (Cause that's what minds are for!) The Pub is open to everyone - registered or not - like a good Pub should be! There will be a link in your Forum navigation bar and it will be linked off the home-page. You will however have to register to participate in the Happy Hour!;)
The Pub
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hey Sangiro...have you considered possibly putting a live chat area in the Pub? That'd be awesome to be able to talk to people in real time. Parachat has a pretty good program for it, as does Bravenet. Both free last I checked.
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

Good on you for opening up the pub. I was initially happy to see a place that would be "just for us," but then I realized that's a slippery slope to elitism. Sometimes I think I go to the DZ just to get a taste of that skydiver egality that washes away all of the elitism you find in everyday life.
Blues, squares,
PTiger

So when do we find out if we guessed who's rig it was? That would just eat at me if I never found out.... I wouldn't be able to sleep, I might lose my job, my hair would fall out, my friends would leave me, the world would plummet into chaos! Or not, it could just be me.

The Pub rocks!! And I don't have to worry about visiting it while I am at work, because I am unemployed! Not that I am particularly excited about that but hey...it will be fun for a very very short time! What DZs are hiring folks?? Altitude booster, manifest, beacon topper...these are all areas I have experience in! hehe
When is happy hour again? Noon? Ah let's see, I have nothing to lose at this point! Cheers!
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell