BigDreams32

my first suit

So I've gone from choosing a Body Sport USA Comp suit, to then maybe a Liquidsky sports suit and then decided on a Tony space suit.. I've been measured and really want to order it! Im skinny and light, 5'8 and 102lbs. Need something tight and slick, has anybody here gotten a space suit from Tonys and hows the supplex material?? I just want to get sum feed back from Tony's, maybe sum advice on the positives and negatives. I've gone shallow and deep into the forums but cant seem to find the answer im looking for, thanks! B|;)

BigDreams32

So I've gone from choosing a Body Sport USA Comp suit, to then maybe a Liquidsky sports suit and then decided on a Tony space suit.. I've been measured and really want to order it! Im skinny and light, 5'8 and 102lbs. Need something tight and slick, has anybody here gotten a space suit from Tonys and hows the supplex material?? I just want to get sum feed back from Tony's, maybe sum advice on the positives and negatives. I've gone shallow and deep into the forums but cant seem to find the answer im looking for, thanks! B|;)

Supplex is a good fabric and the fastest thing you will find in a Tony suit. Supplex looks very light and doesn't look durable, but it's every bit as strong as 4-ply.

The most important thing for you to get the right fall rate will be getting the measurements right. Jumpsuit measurements can be tricky, so be sure to get a Tony dealer with experience to take your measurements.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

One thing you can do in ordering the suit is to consider gripper placement. If the grippers are big, and right on the outsides of your legs, there will be a lot more effect on your fall rate than if they curve around to the back of your legs and arms. I'm no feather, but I did go from too floaty to comfortable by changing the placement on my latest suit.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Is supplex like a skin tight material? I'm just tryring to get a good grasp on what the material is like, like comparing it to everyday clothing. But thank you guys for the advice! Tonysuits actually emailed me back today answering sum of my questions and he actually suggested the X-series free fly suit, it looks very nice and tempting haha ;):D

wmw999

One thing you can do in ordering the suit is to consider gripper placement. If the grippers are big, and right on the outsides of your legs, there will be a lot more effect on your fall rate than if they curve around to the back of your legs and arms. I'm no feather, but I did go from too floaty to comfortable by changing the placement on my latest suit.

Wendy P.

Wendy - the Tony Space Suit is a freefly suit. My guess is that the OP wants the suit for that purpose, but just in case....

To the OP - if you are wanting this suit for freefly, the supplex is fine and other than a proper fit there isn't much else to consider. However, if you want an FS suit, Wendy makes a good point. You might want to consider a suit designed for it and built for your needs.

My personal favorite for slow falling belly flyers if the Tonysuit Pit Special. It can be customized for the fastest possible fall rate by doing the following:

* Snug fit (see an experienced dealer to make that happen)
* Nylon front - fastest fabric for the front yet still the greatest range when flown correctly
* Spandex lower arms
* Supplex wherever else that is an option (except booties) as it has slightly less drag than 4-ply
* Smallest grippers made from supplex - again less drag by being small and using lighter fabric
* No inside leg grippers and no back of arm grippers to reduce drag
* Booties - yes they increase drag but they are essential for maximum performance for belly flying. Get the regular size bootie made from Parapac. Supplex or 4-ply aren't "draggy" enough for true performance and cordura creates more drag than a slow faller will typically want.

Regardless of freefly or belly, get used to the concept of wearing weights. That's a different conversation, but one I suggest you have. The right suit can do a lot to help speed you up, but most really slender/small people need weights to allow them to fly naturally with greatest efficiency.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

BigDreams32

Is supplex like a skin tight material?

No. Supplex is a light cotton-feeling fabric that isn't actually cotton. It can be woven in a variety of ways, but that used for jumpsuits behaves like typical cotton fabric - not stretchy or elastic in construction.

http://www.invista.com/en/brands/supplex.html

Supplex used in jumpsuits feels like a light "cotton-like" fabric. It's durable but stays fairly cool in warm conditions because it's light and breathes.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX